+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Often don't know how to act as a boyfriend in some situations

Often don't know how to act as a boyfriend in some situations

Well I have another problem,

a few weeks ago my girlfriend went out with some friends, I decided to hang out with my own friends that evening to have some fun, but we decided to go to the same place she was hanging out at (not because she was there, but because we thought it would be fun). After some walking around I noticed her waiting with a few friends waiting on the others to come, so I had a little chat with her and left. Later my friends started saying that I should have handled that situation differently that I should have done more with her (and her friends told her the same too), but my problem is I don't know how to handle these kind of situations.

I do love my girlfriend very much, and I pretty much know what I can do and whatnot and is not really about being scared to try doing something or anything but it is just the fact that I don't know what to do boyfriendlike in situations like that. Can anyone give me some tips how I can get better at handling these kind of situations so I can show her more and better how much I care about her (although I already do that when we are alone).

Thanks

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Umm you greet her with some affection!

i wouldnt of even went there if she was with her friends, makes it look like your checking up on her unless you were invited or somthing. if shes your g/f then show she is. next time she goes with the girls dont go where she is. normaly id go hang at a friends house and work on atvs while the girl went out lol!

I would have to agree with oldskool, but the question I have is how did she handle that? If she had no problem with it, maybe it is not a big deal.

Well it wasn't really a party or something were she was, but just a small village hanging around.

Anyway that evening I had a conversation with her when we both got home on facebook and she told me that here friends were saying that we weren't doing anything with eachother blablabla, she told me it doesn't matter for her since we already have a pretty weird relation (since I'm pretty clumsy and just don't know what boyfriendlike stuff I should do in some situations, since she is my first GF), but I still think I have to do anything more than I did.
    Last edited by anony_jackson; 06-10-11 at 01:45 AM.

Just be affectionate with her - hug her and kiss her lightly (Since this post is related to how to act in public situations maybe don't go for a full on kiss). Don't underestimate the power of physical contact, placing you hand on the small of her back and whispering in her ear is such a small gesture but its something that only you can do - because you're her boyfriend.