+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How does a relationship initiate?

How does a relationship initiate?

I have never been in a relationship before. I have certainly dated girls before, but I've never actually had someone I could call my girlfriend. I've had friends that have told me that they got into a relationship without even dating beforehand.

Is initiating it as simple as just asking? I just find it weird that you'd ask someone into a relationship when you've never even gone out with. I've googled this, but all I get are sites telling me how to attract girls and not how exactly to initiate the relationship. So my best guess is I'm missing something really obvious.

Anyone want to answer or share the moment they started a relationship?

The only way you could start a relationship without even dating beforehand was if it was someone you already hung out with, like a close friend or something. You can't just walk up to a girl and ask to be in a relationship. Usually its just something that happens. Its fluid, you just kind of go with the flow.

Go out on a few dates, get to know each other. If there is chemistry it will happen.

But I'm asking HOW will it happen? Even if it was just a close friend, I still think it odd if you just ask her if you want to be in a relationship.

What I'm asking is is it as simple as just asking? Or are there other ways?

I made a poll topic asking the same question a few days ago. How long does it take to initiate into a relationship on average? From the little responses I got it looks like it could take anywhere from a few weeks to a few years. It really depends on the people, some girls just throw up a shield and it takes a lot longer to get through it. Some are more open and fall in love at first site.

Also instead of just coming out directly and asking to be in a relationship I would try to read her a little bit closer. Pay attention to what she says, how she looks at you, touching, laughter, etc. Your risking creating an awkward situation which might drive you apart if you just plain ask her out like that, it's kinda weirdo-ish.

That's just my opinion. Don't take it as final answer or solution. I have asked advise on here plenty of times and there are many times where the advice was wrong and if I had listened to it... well it could have been a relationship kill.

ok, I understand what you're saying.

However, paying attention to her body language will only tell me if she likes me or not. It does not initiate a relationship. If asking her is out of the question, then what's left?

Buy a ski mask. Kidnap her; tie her up and force it out of her.

It was just a few examples, you can ask her if you want. That is the most direct and accurate way to do it. I am simply stating my opinion on the matter based on experiences and what I have read on these forums.