+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Time time time

Time time time

Not a problem as such, more of a dilemma.

My tendency of living in various places overseas on 2-4 year intervals is soon about to continue as in a year or so I will most likely take off to do my masters’ in either Japan or Italy, and I will probably keep that pattern for another decade or more while searching for a great gal and a great place to live in (reckon I got the career part of the plan nailed down already ).

The problem is that I always take relationships seriously, which has been great thus far, but now becomes problematic with the knowledge that things are likely to end within the year to discourage it, combined with that I’m not a fan of flings/hook-ups and got a friend with benefits thing going on if I get any urges.

It just leaves me stumped until the year is out and I do a fresh start, which is okay but kind of disappointing as I encounter girls with potential and sometimes miss being in a relationship. Bleh, no real questions, just looking for ideas and venting a bit. Maybe I should let loose and sleep around a bit, or just focus on my career and chill til the year's out. Choices, choices.

I believe that makes this the second ‘problem’ thread I’ve made since coming here. Yay, it's been a while ^.^

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't see how moving every year or two is conducive to forming meaningful, lasting bonds with people, and I hope you tell women they are transitory when you first get involved.

On the other hand, people fall in love in less than a year or two... maybe you will meet someone who shares your interest in this type of lifestyle.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It's not transitory as long as there's sufficient time to give it a solid shot - which usually is a year or two - after which there'd be a chance for me to stick around or move on together. The problem now is that it's closer to 9 months remaining, and been here for 4 years already, so the chances of me moving on are very high, resulting in having to be a dick and say 'so long and thanks for all the fish' for something promising.

But yeah, the two are at odds with eachother.
    Last edited by Lipp; 08-10-11 at 07:53 PM.

hmmm it's only 9 months! Forget about forming any serious relationship if your moving is definite. Save a girl and yourself from a heartache! Just enjoy making friends and haging out with them. Who knows what future holds but knowing you are leaving in 9 months and LDR rarely works, I reckon it's best you have realistic expectations on a relationship and not to start a serious one now....
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-