+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it over for good? Do you think i could get her back?

Is it over for good? Do you think i could get her back?

My girlfriend split up with me about a month ago now and since then things have got worse between us, We were in a relationship for 3 years and during them 3 years things had got worse like a year after it.

Firstly she asked for space and wanted a break i didnt give her any i smothered her i more or less begging her to come back.

She then finished it and ive been trying to get her back ever since, shes told me that the feeling isnt there anymore and that i was a shitty boyfriend and all the little things i done throughout the relationship like took her for granted, didnt show her affection put other things first also my temper had a big part to play. I know i messed it up and like they say you dont realise what you have until its gone and its killing me because its my fault and i could of avoided it.

I tried being a friend with her tried hanging out but when she told me shes meeting someone else as "friends" i just couldnt do it. Reason why she wanted to see other people was because its something to do and that she wanted someone different to talk to. This really played on me and when i was with her i was just angry all the time which didnt help things it just made it worse. i tried to keep it under control but i just couldnt. She even asked me why i was shaking in the car when we were chilling out.

All the things that have happend to me this passed year has really turned me into an emotional mess and i even text her saying "i cant go on bury me next to my mother" NOW thats not me and i cant believe i even done it ... but i got so low and was so desperate to try anything.

Before i text her that i tried talking to her again and she got angry at me because i kept saying and asking questions. i said "your f***ing my life up" and she just went pft and walked away so i said "fine **** you hope you die" which made her really angry at me because i lost my temper again.

I havnt spoken to her since that night when everyone got worried about me. Her mother told me to go into the house and she phoned my father to pick me up because of what i said. My ex was even crying because she was worried she says she still cares but doesnt love me or doesnt feel that intense love feeling anymore she also says she cant see the spark coming back. I think i ****ed things up for good but have i though?

Ive decided to leave it and not contact her until i get over her i said to myself "break up to get back" i honestly can say i still love her but i want her to realise what shes missing because with eveything that happened i just lost sight of what we had i really want to mend this but how can i do it... with time? no contact for how long? how do i approach her again after all this?

I honestly thought she was the one and she said she felt like that at one point to ... she distanced herself from me in the last month or two of the relationship because she was unhappy and couldnt handle my temper anymore she said it had got worse and that she didnt know how far i was going to go next.

She said the attraction is still there but not the feeling anymore. Do i just leave it and move on or do i give it time and give her a message in like a month or two after all this has settled down.

Thing im scared of is her falling for someone else and then ive lost her for good then.

I told her everything that i felt, i told her why things went sour i told her all the things i love about her, i told her what i wanted to do with her i told her shes the best thing that happened to me etc i really dropped my guard with her and i got nothing back she used to love me but it all faded because i was such a dick.

Any advice/input would be appreciated

Please help thanks.

Well its over and you should get a grip of yourself cos the more you beg and go after her the more she despise and hate you more. You ve learnt from your mistakes just work on that so that any other relationship you find yourself into in the future will not be like the last one. Its over for good if she doesnt love you be the better you and someone else will give everything she has to be with u also she cant define you prove to her that you can be the best man you can be. But its over let it be.

Yeah i realised that after i made such a drama the other day. Couldnt believe i could let someone get me that down and desperate in a way i hate her for it.

I will miss what we had though the love at one point was very intense and made me do things that i thought i wouldnt like for example... ever since i was a boy i wanted to go into battle and i was training for afghanistan i pulled out because i missed her so much and she broke down in front of her friends because i went away... good times ey.

Just have to occupy myself i suppose and fix myself alot of shit has happend over the passed year which caused me to go that way. shame but its what happened hopefully in time she'll realise but i'm going to move on and not even bother with her.