+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love will never happen for me :(:(

Love will never happen for me :(:(

Hi forum!
    I am feeling terribly down and I thought only you guys will be able to understand me. I'm a 26 year old girl, broken up for one year with my ex of about one year. I can't believe in this one year I have found no one I like enough to consider dating?? I mean I'm quite cute (maybe a little average looking), very smart, sweet and bubbly. How come I am having soooo much trouble finding someones? It breaks my heart more than I can bear to think that I may never have a family oof my own, or kids, just because of this stupid, terrible luck I have in love. Why me???? I have done nothing wrong to be given such a cruel punishment. My ex didn't even think I was good enough to stick around for, and left me. I don't mean to sound a little racist, but I am south asian and tend to look more towards white guys....when white guys don't really pay much attention to me since they tend to stay within their race. Maybe that's why its hard. But I live ina very caucasian town, and born here....so I come across very few south asian guys, and if I do, they're toooo south asian and foreign to me. Maybe I'm just confused. But I'm upset as to why not me?? Why dooes every strange, weird, mean girl find a bf to treat them well and ready to marry them, while I have absolutely no one!!!!! I don't know how to change my misfortune. Sometimes I feel like I might as well give up and stop living if I know I'll never find true love and have a family with him. Please give me some advice or encouragement to get me through.

Thanks a lot!
    -Hope

Are you drunk?

You should cheer up, everyone goes through such phases. Like for example this story i read at blog.datedosti.com, about how a boy & a girl who had been in the same school since kindergarten realized later on in life that they were made for each other. From being school mates who never really mingled with each other to being betrothed & how their story adds a cute-factor to the whole chain of events which makes you smile and feel happy for them. A must read! You could even try the DateDosti site to chance upon someone you really like!

You have been single for one year. I really don't think you should be worrying about never having a family of your own and dying alone at this point. You are only a few years older than me and I've been single for a year and a half now. So you don't have horrible luck.

Enjoy the time you have while you have it, and don't get so caught up in finding love. Its kinda like losing your keys, you can never find them when you freak out looking for them. Then it turns out they were laying on the table in front of you the whole time.

MsK is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Think positive thoughts. You also have to realize that the only person that can make you happy is you! Not some man! You need to figure out how to make yourself happy before you can be in a productive relationship.