+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stuck in a love triangle???

Stuck in a love triangle???

So last night my bestfriend's girlfriend told me that she has feelings for me. My bestfriend is like a brother to me but I am also very close with his girlfriend. She always says that I'm her best friend. We have always told each other things that we don't tell anyone else. I also have a girlfriend of my own who I care about very much. The thing is my girlfriend is very inconsistent. When I say that I mean that her life is so hectic that we don't see each other much and that hurts the both of us. We don't even talk or text that much because she works full time. But my best friends girl and I talk all the time. And she is a great girlfriend. She spends a lot of time with my best friend and does whatever she can to make him happy. She is overall an amazing person and we have so many things in common. And to be honest there has always been that small part of me that thought what if me and her ever dated. What would happen? And what she doesn't know is that her boyfriend (my best friend) has talked to me about other girls and the possibilities. I wouldn't leave my girlfriend or betray my best friend but there is that part of me that still likes to wonder. So what do I do?

MsK is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Leave it alone. If it is meant to happen between the two of you it will without it being forced. But you also need to prepare yourself for the end result if you two do start dating. You would most likely lose your best friend. However your girlfriend working full time is not an excuse for not having contact with you, and maybe you are having all these feelings for your best friends girlfriend because you have feeling neglected in your own relationship. If your girlfriend was giving you the attention she does, would there be feelings for your best friends girlfriend? I don't think so. I think you need to talk with your girlfriend about the amount of time you "need" to be with her instead of looking for it in someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MsK View Post
    Leave it alone. If it is meant to happen between the two of you it will without it being forced. But you also need to prepare yourself for the end result if you two do start dating. You would most likely lose your best friend. However your girlfriend working full time is not an excuse for not having contact with you, and maybe you are having all these feelings for your best friends girlfriend because you have feeling neglected in your own relationship. If your girlfriend was giving you the attention she does, would there be feelings for your best friends girlfriend? I don't think so. I think you need to talk with your girlfriend about the amount of time you "need" to be with her instead of looking for it in someone else.
    I think I will most likely just leave it alone. It's just that I've invested a lot of time in the relationship I'm in now and I still feel like it's a nowhere road. It's not my girlfriend's fault that we don't see each other often. It's just that she does so much. She literally has no time. And the thing is that over the years whenever I've had a problem or any issue in life, the best friends girl has always been the one to be there for me and comfort me. You may be right when you say that I may have some feelings because I'm feeling neglected in my own relationship because at times I really do feel neglected.