+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice

Advice

Hello everyone, my problem is that i really like this woman who's is 13 year older than me, I'm 27 now. We had ben very close friends for like 2 years now and for the last 6 months i started having feelings for her, but in a platonic way. Some days ago i decided to speak up because it was really beginning to affect me, thing is I just wanted to tell her that I developed feelings for her and i needed to let her know, but she just suddenly starts to cry and says that it was not the right time for me to said that and that she may be too old for me. Later I tried to talk to her and to tell me what her feelings are because i needed to get this over. Problem is her only answer is that she is frustrated right now with work and studies and can't talk about it for the moment. We still talk tho, and i just try not to bring the subject anymore.

Just need some advise if i should just give her time or try to confront her? Thing I'm concerned is that she was really open with me and we shared very intimate stuff so she may have seen me like a little brother and do not want to hurt me.

well i have this guy friend who is 10yrs older than me and he recently did the same thing to me that u did to her....i took it pretty much the same way because i just got dumped, i work and go to school.....so i told him not now....however the more i thought about it the more it made sense we have been best friends for 2yrs and he is always there for me and i tell him everything so now we are going on a date....the only reason i agreed to go on a date was because he told me it wouldnt be anything serious he just wants us to have fun for right now and see how things progress......so basically just tell her lets have fun together and see how it goes, but do give her time if u are to clingy or pushy about the subject it will only make things worse.....best of luck!!!!