+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I mess up any chance of reconcilliation?

Did I mess up any chance of reconcilliation?

My ex of 2 1/2 years broke up with me a over a week ago now and the following days she would contact me with things such as: I love and Miss you, I know we need time apart but its hard, ive been a mess etc.

So finally I told her maybe we should stop all contact. (I didnt want to keep hearing that she loved me meanwhile she was obviously confused herself since she was not asking to be with me). After I proposed that idea, she said she hates not talking to me but that I was right and time would heal. She then proceeded with I love you have a good night.

So my question is do you think it was a smart move on my part to offer cutting all contact?

I havent heard from her in a week and do really miss her and wish we could get back together to work on things. I do want this girl back so we can fix our problems in our relationship, but I'm not sure about the correct way of handling this situation.

Do you think I just shut the door on a possible reconcilliation?

All I can say is that I just went through all that... I broke up with my bf for two months. I basically went NC for two months. He sent emails, vm's, texts, and flowers on car... the whole nine for two months. (I only responded to 2 emails within that timeframe) I wasn't trying to punish him, I was just trying to make it easier and I was hurting too.

Bottom line is that if you stay in contact, you are still attached (and the window to reconcile stays open) and if you go no contact and stick to it. It's over.

Better question is why did you break up in the first place? Is it something workable down the road or are you just making it hard on both yourselves by staying in contact?

Well if you miss her then you should do something about it...