+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it okay to ask her like this?

is it okay to ask her like this?

So there is this girl i really like and i feel that she likes me as well, we spend alot of time together, almost everyday we hang out and see each other, and we already planned things like goin to the movies and her meeting my parents. I want to ask her out on a date, BUT! i dont really wanna ask her to go to a place, she always seems busy, or plans always get cancelled cuz she usually works on weekends and stuff. Also i have another approach that i feel would be more comfortable.

In a few days, me and her are both goin to an after school talent show, and she is coming to watch me sing and stuff. Would it be normal if after i performed i just walked with her and straight up said something like "hey ___ would you wanna start dating?"

A few questions i have are, would that be wierd? would she feel probably feel akward? should i say something to set it up? and should i say the same message but no so straight up, although i think i made it really obvious that i like her, and she seems to like me too.

My main thing is, i wanna just get straight to the point and ask her to be my gf, i dont want to ask her on a date to the movies and slowly start goin on dates til i feel we like each other enough for me to ask her. Is that a normal thing to do?

sadie_genie Guest
    You should stay on the safe side. Don't risk embarrassment (for both you and her) by asking her to be your girlfriend in front of so many people. You can ask her in private.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    The first thing you have to consider is the fact that you're already complaining that she cancels a lot of dates due to her schedules in life. you should not expect her to change what is important in life just so that you could fit in. Should you continue to pursue her, it might lead to a lot of arguments. Other than that, it would be good to find the right time that both of you are alone, preferably where you can talk at length, and hopefully lead to something better after you ask to to be your gf.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

@ sadie_genie- yeah, thats what i meant, like i wanted to ask her to go for a walk or something first, and like we could walk outside together, cuz we often go for walks anyways. i was gonna ask her then, not where everybody is around. but what would i do, just have a casual conversation then all of a sudden say "hey wanna start dating?" iim very confused into how i should set it up or what i should say.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    The first thing you have to consider is the fact that you're already complaining that she cancels a lot of dates due to her schedules in life. you should not expect her to change what is important in life just so that you could fit in. Should you continue to pursue her, it might lead to a lot of arguments. Other than that, it would be good to find the right time that both of you are alone, preferably where you can talk at length, and hopefully lead to something better after you ask to to be your gf.
    im not really complaining about her cancelling alot, i dont mind it because we both still see each other and hang out with each other at special events and at school every single day.

the point is i dont wanna say something like " hey wanna go on a date to the movies sometime?" i wanna say something more like "hey wanna be my gf?" and im wondering if thats okay, and whats the best way to approach asking her out in such a way

I actually think it might work ... just don't do it in front of everyone. Doing things different always gets you ahead of the crowd!

so would that probably be okay? just going for a walk with her and randomly saying "hey ___ i really like you, would you wanna start dating?" also should i set it up somehow, i feel like the chance to say that doesnt come up in every conversation.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why do you want to be her boyfriend if she's not going to have time for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Why do you want to be her boyfriend if she's not going to have time for you?
    I dont feel like its that big of a deal, i mean we still talk about dates and stuff well hangout, and like i dont believe that its horribly drastic, and i also feel like we could see each other more if we tried harder, like maybe if we hung out after she works or something. I believe wed work it out without too many problems

also the big day for me to ask her is tomorrow, and i feel like people on this forum have been kinda dodging the question, can you give me some advice on actually asking her out, like what i should try ad say and stuff? how should i set it up before i randomly say "wanna be my gf?"