+ Follow This Topic

Thread: NEED immediate advice

NEED immediate advice

What to do???? Lost and confused

My Boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 1/2 years, 3 years in March. We are both 24 years old, just out of college and live together in Boston. We moved to Boston from Michigan. We both went to college in Michigan, met at the end of our college days and immediately felt an instant spark. We have since moved in together, right after school (for about a year now).

Earlier in the first couple months we were dating (he was 21, both still in college), he kissed a fellow co worker, lied about it for a year, and I found out 6 months ago. Since then, we have had problems. I do not trust him as well. However, he has proved to be nothing but a faithful, loyal boyfriend and we have no issues living together. We have natural, indescribable , insane passion and chemistry. Which can also be bad.

So the past 6 months have been rocky with intense blowout fights. He is now presented with a new job and is going to move and he planned on taking me with ( I work internationally and nationally from home so I can move anywhere which is why he pursued this after knowing I can move as well).

All of the sudden this week after going to a Wedding he says "I'm sorry. I am not trying to be off. I was just thinking about us and what is going to happen. Its just another big decision again and I want to make sure we're making the right one. I want it to be a choice because you want to be with me and without a doubt can say you want me to be your husband eventually. I think we need to make a serious evaluation and not just move because it is convenient to be closer to home. You deserve to be the happiest woman in the world. we;ve been so unhappy the past 6 months I dont want this to continue. I want us to be together because we cannot imagine being apart not because we are just conveniently closer to home. You deserve the chance to see if you're better off without me. (He said this in tears)

That was yesterday, then today he said : I am just unsure about us and how we have been. I promise you, Sarah. I love you so much and I just don';t know what to do".

Now what do I do?!

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeSmiles View Post
    he kissed a fellow co worker, lied about it for a year, and I found out 6 months ago. Since then, we have had problems. I do not trust him as well. However, he has proved to be nothing but a faithful, loyal boyfriend and we have no issues living together. We have natural, indescribable , insane passion and chemistry. Which can also be bad.
    Sounds like a thrilling and fulfilling relationship. I'd say get over the trust issues because he kissed another girl. Are you positive she didn't kiss him?

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeSmiles
    All of the sudden this week after going to a Wedding he says "I'm sorry. I am not trying to be off. I was just thinking about us and what is going to happen. Its just another big decision again and I want to make sure we're making the right one. I want it to be a choice because you want to be with me and without a doubt can say you want me to be your husband eventually. I think we need to make a serious evaluation and not just move because it is convenient to be closer to home. You deserve to be the happiest woman in the world. we;ve been so unhappy the past 6 months I dont want this to continue. I want us to be together because we cannot imagine being apart not because we are just conveniently closer to home. You deserve the chance to see if you're better off without me. (He said this in tears)
    Wow that's powerful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeSmiles
    That was yesterday, then today he said : I am just unsure about us and how we have been. I promise you, Sarah. I love you so much and I just don';t know what to do".
    Now what do I do?!
    You're asking the wrong question. You should be asking yourself what do YOU want. And it sounds like he's giving you a choice!

He lied about something, which is bad. But you still can't forgive him, which is a deal breaker. I think he is realizing you simply never will forgive him, and he's thinking of moving on without you. My interpretation is, he sees you can never grow beyond what happened, and he needs someone who will grow with him, even if mistakes are made.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Yeah i agree with ksmit... what do you want?