Greetings,

(hopefully I'm posting in the right section)

I intend to break up with my girlfriend of three years (I'm nineteen) this week. We aren't mad at each other at all, we've just grown apart in the last four months, mostly to my fault seeing as I don't like her as much as I did before.

I've indulged in some effort to mend things in the last three months but there really isn't anything to improve, we don't usually fight, we're quite good friends and we get along but the feeling isn't there, I don't feel like getting intimate almost any often and I do not feel the need to check on her during the day or feel curiosity for what she does, I think I'm just not in love anymore.

I still care deeply about her, I see her as a very good friend but I think I have to let her go seeing as this situation isn't fair to me or to her.

She is coming to my house soon for lunch and she will stay the afternoon but I'm not really sure how to go about breaking up. I'm just hoping I hurt her as little as I possibly can. I understand she won't be able to be my friend so I'm thinking of cutting contact even should she want it. Am I being a douche about this?

I'm really lost here so if you could give me some input I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

(English's not my native language, hopefully it wasn't too bothersome to read.)