+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't give up..

I can't give up..

Hey there, after a long friendship I finally built up the courage to ask a this girl out. We've always had a very flirtatious and hands on relationship so I thought it was the natural step.
    Apparently not. I asked, I got a on. She didn't want to "risk our friendship." In fact, i'll quote her, "Please please dont because you know i love you but there is no way i would risk losing all that!"
    So I guess what i'm trying to ask is what is going through her head right now? There must be a few ladies on the forum that have been on the 'rejector' side of this. Is there anything that I could do to change her mind?
    I blew off another girl just for her, she doesn't know I did it for her but i'm sure it's obvious now. Is it worth telling her? Should I just leave her for a while and then try to pick the friendship back up?
    In all honesty, I did really want to face her anytime soon, it was embarrassing enough getting the no and I hurt right now.. Really hurt.
    Sorry for going on a bit, any advice or past experiences would really be nice.

Thanks,
    Campbell

I am not a lady, but I would chalk it up to "she doesnt' know what she is missing, and it is her loss" if it is too hard drop the friendship for a while. It is about your comfort level, not hers.

Ok, here goes...

1. Becoming her friend does not and almost never will lead to a relationship. It's NOT a "natural step" for girls. Once you get friend-zoned, you're pretty much hosed.

2. Next time, just ask - don't waste time working up courage to ask her out, just do it. You never know who might come along and scoop her up while you're wasting time. The worst she can do is say no, right?

3. It's time for you to move on dude, sorry.

Yes

Honestly and unfortunately for you, she's right dude. I'm sorry, but this I have experienced a lot, and I regret that I got together with this girl. Try to move on from her, but still have the same relationship.
    It may be hard in the beginning.