+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance but young

Long Distance but young

Hi i'm Patrick aged 17 and need some advice, I live In England and i'm in love with a girl from America, we've known each other for 2-3 years now and are really close, we've both told each other we love each other and that we wish we could live near each other and see each other. We've both never had the best lifes and neither of us have ever been lucky in love. I'm willing to move over to America to go live there after I have got my university degree, but i'm scared that when I go over there things might not work and that i'll of left everything behind for nothing (fingers crossed I won't). So please i'm asking for advice on what I should do, I can't tell or ask my friends they'd think I was stupid and pathetic but i'll give up anything for a chance with her.

Patrick Green

The opinion of your peers usually represents a bit of common sense.

If you've never met her, you can't love her. Simples.

Why waste time and energy on someone who might very well be in a relationship next week?

You're 3 - 4 years away from graduating; there are far more important things to be concentrating on.

wlboy

You can love her even though you've never met her, but it isn't a true love...most likely, one of you will meet someone in your own town/area and start a relationship.
    Long-distance relationship without not even met that person probably won't be serious.

You won't be graduating from uni for 3-4yrs which is pretty long time, so I suggest to concentrate on uni work and possibly get a part-time job during holidays and save up.

Good luck moving to the states. Their economy is so bad they are not wanting to share jobs with foreigners. Second, knowing someone over the net and being with them physically are two very different things. What you know and feel of them is mostly spun from your imagination...that's why it seems so perfect, because you make it perfect in your head. I recommend you go there for a visit, and at least meet and spend time with each other. Have a look around at the way of life there too before you decide to up root yourself to live in another country. So slow down with the future plans, all it is doing is making it too complicated. Do things as they come. First step is to meet her, and plan your next step after that.