+ Follow This Topic

Thread: long distance realtionship advice please?

long distance realtionship advice please?

hey guys this is my first thread and i really need some advice

so i have a boyfriend that lives in Tennessee. he is the most sweetest guy ive known. We known eachother since 2006, he is 19 right now and i am 15. I live in hawaii and weve been together for almost 2 years. we have been really close even when we were just friends.

lately he has been working more and i understand that he has to grow up and get a job. i also have gotten into much harder classes in the IB program which requires many hours of club sports and community service. i dont know if we are having communication problems, but we do fight a handful of times, usually about me talking to my guy friend who is also my boss for this server i work for.

i dont know if its me that is causing the problems because i want things to be like the past when we both had easier lives or what... this is a very amazing relationship and we have been through numerous encounters and problems.

(also last year we didnt have a 1yr and 10month anniversary day, its kind of kiddish i know but we wanted to make it up this year which is very soon, any ideas on what gifts or things we can do together? he doesnt really like me buying him stuff and he prefers me making stuff for him)

thanks guys i appriciate all ur advice and thought

i have been in 2 long distance relationships so i know how hard they can be. at the same time they can also be easy i know its hard to talk to each other all the time with work and school but i know that sending even a little message just to let the person know that you are thinking about them makes a huge difference. when i was in a long distance relationship we also used to send letters and pictures back to each other and we would spray them with perfume and cologne and it just adds that little extra reminder of the person and makes u feel closer to them. you just have to remember that even though your are far away from each other you still have to stay devoted to each other and make sure the other person knows it so that they dont get jelous for no reason example your boss. you may also try setting a certain time to talk at the same time everyday even if its just for 5 minutes.