+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ask again?

Ask again?

Hi there ladies, I was just wondering;
    After a guy asks you out and for whatever reason you decline, lets say hypothetically you were friends but not attracted to him.
    Should he give up? Is there anything the man can do to change your mind or is it a lost cause?
    Thanks

Hey

You cannot generalize here. You should try and see her more often, make her laughs hang out with her and then after that ask her again. After that attempt I would say donīt waste your time and get yourself another girl. If you are lucky the first girl gets jalous and wants you now she canīt have you, so you can still chose who to pick

Patrice

It depends, did she give you a reason why she didn't want to go out?
    Does she show any interest at all?

If she is not attracted, then hanging around might make push her away. It depends on the personality of the girl I guess, persistence will work sometimes!
    Either way iif she values the friendship, then you can always just be there for her as a friend, and maybe later she changes her mind and develops feelings!

good luck

From my experience, the sad truth is that, much like men, if a woman wants to be with you, you'll know.

Okay, put yourself in the opposite position. If a girl you really, really like asks you out, are you going to decline even once? I mean, unless the circumstances are more complicated than you're letting on, like you've dated a friend of hers or you have a reputation for being a player, she's just not interested. Attraction isn't everything in a relationship, but it's still important at some level. Now on the other hand, if a girl you weren't interested in asked you out, and you declined, how would you feel if she kept pestering you? Probably pretty uncomfortable. I mean, you might like the attention, which is what she might like if you follow her around like a lost puppy, but that's not a great foundation for a relationship based on mutual attraction and respect. If I were you, I'd try to find someone who likes you for who you are, without the gimmicks.