+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best way to ask "where is this going"??

Best way to ask "where is this going"??

Alright, so I've been seeing/hooking up with this guy since about last March/February.We were apart over summer and continued to talk almost everyday, though conversations were always light and not serious. A couple weeks ago we had sex for the first time, and have had sex a few times since. Neither of us have ever brought up a relationship or 'what we are...' This should have been established before having sex, I know I know. That's partially the reason I put it off for so long. To me, it seems like more of a hooking up thing just because we have very independent lives. Also, when we hang out, it is always at a house, never on dates, etc. Annnnd we don't talk everyday anymore like we used to, and we both go out with our friends independently of one another.

Buuuut, I really would like to talk about where things are going without sounding needy. What do you guys think the best way of bringing this up is/ the most appropriate time? Or is this obviously a "FWB" situations, so I shouldn't even bother......

Thanks in advance)

If hes not taking you on dates and you are just meeting at houses, then this is a bad sign. No need for a big talk about where its going, just hint that you want to go out on a proper date. Skipping this stage of a relationship can be disastrous. Otherwise he ll just expect to keep sleeping with you without making any effort to woo you. If he ddoesnt want to take you out, then you know where its going. probably nowwhere. I should charge for this shit. Good luck

Well see, we went on dates in the beginning which was wayyyy back in march, so we did have that stage of the relationship but now it is not really going anywhere.....how do i hint at a proper date? I still feel like if we went on a date this would leave us in the same position as we're in now...he always asks me to sleep over his house even before we had sex..I never do, but im not really sure if him asking me is a good sign or a bad sign.