+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So confused.

So confused.

Hello.

Here's the deal. I've been dating a girl for 6 months and we've hit a rocky patch. During the last month of summer, she had other plans every weekend and I was unable to see her. That kind of annoyed me, as I felt like I'd lost out on a beautiful month of summer. I know that's not really her fault, but it was a bummer not being able to see my girlfriend for a month.

After that, she ran into some health issues that have prevented us from having sex for about a month and the only activities we have had are mutual masturbation, as she utterly hates oral (giving or receiving.) The sex is very boring and basically 95% missionary when we do have sex, as she gets very awkward and embarassed in other positions and it makes me uncomfortable to keep going.

Beyond that, she's very nice and thoughtful and I know she does everything she can to make me happy. She goes to the length of lying whenever she thinks the truth will upset me, however.

We enjoy the same activities for the most part and get along really well. I'm extremely comfortable with her. I could see myself marrying her. I am, however, in my mid 20s and I'm not anywhere near a point where marriage would be an option in my life.

I feel like I'm at a point where I have to choose between her or having good sex in my life. I don't think I'd find another woman I'm as comfortable with.. but I also don't think I'll ever have a great sex life with her.

Any thoughts?

I feel like I'm at a point where I have to choose between her or having good sex in my life. I don't think I'd find another woman I'm as comfortable with.. but I also don't think I'll ever have a great sex life with her.
    You are correct. If you really need good sex, you aren't getting it from her. I don't know your age, but I find younger girls, like in their 20s, 30s sometimes, are generally bad in bed. They are whiny, insecure and uncreative. There are exceptions but those exceptional girls got married long ago.

While girls in their 40s might have gained a few pounds, they are often very sexual, sometimes multi-orgasmic, and very expressive. And worth it.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)