+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I get over my ex having a new girlfriend?

How do I get over my ex having a new girlfriend?

We were together since I was 16 for 5 1/2 years. He broke up with me due to our struggle with long distance and army that we put up with for 2 years. We remained on good terms and kept in touch.

I met someone new and I have a new boyfriend. He treats me a lot better than my ex and we are much more compatible. Of course I'll always care for my ex but I felt like I was falling for my new bf.

I just found out from my ex that he has a new girlfriend and that is why contact has decreased dramatically. I thought I was over my ex boyfriend, but when I found out he had a new girl I cried really hard and I can't stop thinking about them together. It hurts so much. I keep wondering if he treats her better than me..and if she would deal with his annoying issues.

My bf knows I keep in touch with my ex and is okay with it but he doesn't know that I'm sad about his new gf. I don't want him to know. I wish I didn't feel this pain...my bf doesn't deserve this. He treats me a lot better and made my life happier and I don't know why I'm sad. My sadness is affecting our relationship, I can feel it because I'm not focusing on my new bf ne more.

well u probably still love your ex... but dont worry that is totallly normal. but fact is, if u and him got back together, ud probably cry about the boyfriend u have now... u say your boyfriend makes u happier then your ex and that the two of you are more compatible. concentrate on what u have, not what u had and remember that the past is the past... appreciate what u have today

You're right. I did think about that, if I did go back to my ex I would think about my current boyfriend...But how do I focus my attention on my boyfriend? This is consuming my mind and taking a toll on my relationship...well it's beginning to.

well first of all u need to stop talking to your ex... write down everything that you didnt like about him, and write down everything your new boyfriend does for you that your ex hasnt done for you... maybe that will help u realize some things. spend more time with your new boyfriend, so you dont have so much time to think about your ex. think about how miserable you would probably be without him. sometimes we want things that are not good for us....u will get over it sooner or later, u just have to put some work into it. good luck

Stop thinking about your ex if you want to keep your bf. One thing that men really hate is when his woman is still attached to an ex. That is bad news..... Any man would leave.
    Why would you want to be with a new man when you are still hung up on the previous man? I suggest you break up with your BF and start dating again when you are ready.
    If you care about your new man, let him go. It's so unfair to him right now.