+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 5 Questions about Relationships and Exes for guys

5 Questions about Relationships and Exes for guys

I had a pretty rough breakup last december. I've dated/been involved with a number of guys, but he was different. I really cared about him. I've since moved on, but I still think about him, and I still care about him, just maybe not in the romantic sense. I would do anything for him. He has moved on too, I'm sure. He now has a new girlfriend that he's been dating since june. I've also dated/been involved with two guys since December. However, I wanted to get some opinions from guys about some questions I've been wondering about.

1. Do guys ever think about their ex girlfriends if they really cared about them? (He broke up with me, because he was moving away and he didn't want to put me through a long distance relationship. He pretty much broke down the night he had to break up with me and wouldn't talk to me for a month and a half after).

2. How long have you thought about an ex if you have?

3. If guys care about a girl, then why don't they talk to her as much as they used to? Why do they act different like they don't even care about her, but treat everyone else the same as they used to?

4. If a guy cares about a girl, then why would he let her go? Why wouldn't he fight for her? (I've had two guys do this to me. They claim that they care about me and that they want to try something in the future, but that they don't want me waiting around for them, "pushing off advances for a guy that might be perfect for me," and suffering through long distance.)

5. How badly has a past relationship hurt or affected you?

1. yes i think of 2 ex's when i run across songs or im doing somthing that remind me of them, but i only think of 2, my ex wife and my long term ex gf.

2. a moment, couple seconds or a min or 2 maybe.

3. sum times depending on the vib of the girl i choose to care a lot, she may not or i dont know and thats when the mood changes.

4. Ive left girls go do to knowing where i stand. they seem to get scared of somthing and i am willing to talk and do what i gotta do. tension can start somthing feels odd its best to just go, figure the girl can come find me after i try to talk about or ask to see them 3 or so time and get the idk what i want speach.

5. divorce hurt my pride when i was 23, an ex cheating hurt my emotions, ive just learned to say and do whatever now and make sure i get respect before i give it all to some else. other then that each has made me aware of things to look for and now its not a big deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Soomie View Post

1. Do guys ever think about their ex girlfriends if they really cared about them? (He broke up with me, because he was moving away and he didn't want to put me through a long distance relationship. He pretty much broke down the night he had to break up with me and wouldn't talk to me for a month and a half after).
    What does it matter? Are you fishing for compliments?

2. How long have you thought about an ex if you have?
    It depends. I might hate my ex or not. In the end, it really doesn't matter.

3. If guys care about a girl, then why don't they talk to her as much as they used to? Why do they act different like they don't even care about her, but treat everyone else the same as they used to?
    It's tough on the emotions to talk to an ex. That's just me.

4. If a guy cares about a girl, then why would he let her go? Why wouldn't he fight for her? (I've had two guys do this to me. They claim that they care about me and that they want to try something in the future, but that they don't want me waiting around for them, "pushing off advances for a guy that might be perfect for me," and suffering through long distance.)
    "Fighting" for a girl is just another head game where the man does all the work. If the girl doesn't want to stay, I say let her go. If she doesn't want to work at the relationship, she's not worth it. Now if you are talking about putting work into a relationship, like changing bad behavior, then immature guys will not do that, because they are too immature to admit they are wrong.

5. How badly has a past relationship hurt or affected you?
    It really doesn't matter, because when it's over, I move on and don't look back. I give 100% to my relationships. If the other person doesn't give 100%, then I'm gone. They're not worth it. If I give 100% and it still doesn't work, and they don't put work into it, the relationship is not meant to be.

I was very upset about my divorce because I was afraid for my son's safety. I was actually having physical symptoms from the stress. But I knew getting a divorce from an abusive wife was the right thing to do for me. So I could be strong and help my son when he needed me.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)