+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Concern about ex's sanity

Concern about ex's sanity

My ex, whom we share a son with, sent me this email last night:

"I am losing him to you; he loves you but doesnt love me."

This was in reference to our son. Our relationship filled a vaccuum it was meant to fill, we had a great child. I love her still from afar but she shattered my heart so many times I couldnt ever go back. But our child is NOT a lottery.

But I question why she would email me that. It just opened old wounds of me not raising him beside her and made me feel really bad...almnost heartbroken again.

Can anyone try to explain?

Thank you
    TS

Because we've already determined your ex is a manipulative, self-serving individual who will do what it takes to make you feel as bad or worse than she does.

Ignore it, she just wants a response.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Just to add, I think this is something a lot of mums feel about there sons. From my boy I have copped I hate you a few times and even an I'm going to kill you, hubby is adored. So even if you were by her side you'd probably still hear that. Hopefully that helps you feel better.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Its really hard on me; she is now making me feel bad about showing my son the attention he deserves that she cant give. And Cerby, you are right. She is all you say she is. I try to rise above. I really do.

All you can do is keep doing what you're doing and know you are doing the best you can for your boy. She's a bitch for dumping her ineffectiveness on you. Your son loves you is the only thing you need to take away from that message.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Wow! She never gives up with the manipulation, narcissistic "please pay attention to me" attitude, does she ...

Yes: Just take from the message that your son loves you and disregard the rest.

*Keep smiling, Todd.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion