+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He keeps trying to sleep with me after I said I wanted to get to get to know him firs

He keeps trying to sleep with me after I said I wanted to get to get to know him firs

I have been hanging out with a co-worker, which in itself is a sticky situation, not to mention he is quite a bit younger than I am... We had dinner and drinks after work 2 weeks ago, and he has come over for movies 3 times and has stayed the night all 3 nights because he lives a distance away from my house. All 3 times he has basically tried to grope me into having sex with him, even after I told him I would like to get to know him better first, but he has been relentless. I told him that I respect myself and am not looking for just sex and if that is what he wants then he can go find it else where. He says that isn't what he wants but he sure doesn't act like it. I am thinking this guy either doesn't know what dating is supposed to be since he is so young or he just doesn't respect me. I am not about to get myself into a situation with someone I work with if he isn't willing to give me the time to get to know him. That is how relationships go south right away... Should I just tell the dude I am not interested?

dont shit where u eat. 3 times is more then nuff to see he wants ur ass only. with me ill test til i find a boundry line and ill stop myself. dont make your work a tense situation.

I don't date coworkers. The drama is a bit much if you two break up. So, 1) He's young, 2) he seems to want only sex, 3) so I think you're right, he does just want sex. So tell him to buzz off. Buy him a small cherry pie and tell him to have fun with it. ("American Pie" reference.)
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

24/M - Sounds like this guy has poor control of himself if he's that persistent about it. It also sounds like you've spent more than enough time with him where you should know him well enough to make a decision.

I have major respect for your self-respect though. Wish more women had that much discipline and willpower.

Tell me, when he sleeps over are you allowing him to sleep in your bed? If you are then you're giving him the wrong impression even if you don't think you are. How about you act like you don't want to have sex yet and maybe he'll believe you? Besides, no guy wants to be put on the friends ladder and the only way they're not going to be put there is by showing you that they want to be more than friends. You are in control of you and if you're making out with him then he's going to try to get further and further into it so, know when to put a halt to things.

If you want to get to know him better without him trying to get into your pants, try having dates outside of your apartment

Frankly I think you're making a mistake by leading on a guy who you work with, but that's your decision.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 05-11-11 at 01:20 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

OMG, it is so awkward now at work. It's like we have to pretend we don't know each other. I think I liked it more before when we could joke and have fun instead of feel sneaky and weird.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeziix View Post
    OMG, it is so awkward now at work. It's like we have to pretend we don't know each other. I think I liked it more before when we could joke and have fun instead of feel sneaky and weird.
    Its awkward because you shat where you eat, against oldskool83's advice