+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't believe he said this! Really?!

Quote Originally Posted by kbee View Post
    ^^ It's not resolved. Just waiting to see if it can be. I have a right to post what I want on here. What you see as small stuff I may not consider so. Things are not so easily ironed out and not easily handled, as you seem to think it was for me. Writing about it and doing it are two different things. I know many other people who would not be careful and not give a potentially wonderful relationship a chance. I'll admit that I may not have painted a pretty picture of him. But it's not a pretty picture. It's complicated and kinda ugly right now. But I still see some potential, and I think he does too.
    It could be worse...He could be bangin someone else. Guys can say dumb things sometimes, without knowing the full impact. Just tell him you dont appreciate that, and it makes him look cheap....See what happens.
    BTW W/up was trying to help, dont see that as a personal attack.......Would you consider yourself a sensative person? Just curious
    Last edited by rafterman; 05-11-11 at 09:26 AM. Reason: you

Actually, I don't see Wakeup's comments as personal attacks. He can be sarcastic and doesn't beat around the bush about what he thinks, but I usually value his input. He has a right to his opinions about me and my situations. That's the risk you take when you post your issues and questions online. But I do have a right to post my thoughts and questions on here, whether or not anyone thinks they are 'silly', 'dramatic', and whatever other words he or anyone else used. At the same time, if you are irritated by someone's posts, don't read them! And if I need to correct someone on something, I will--it's not defense for what you might be saying that I take offense. Didn't think anyone was 'attacking' here. I prefer to keep things friendly, but blunt.

A sensitive person? No more so than anyone else, I think. I've never been told I was. Overly analytical, maybe.

Thanks for everyone's input.
    Who you are screams so loudly I can hardly hear what you're saying!

No one said you didn't have the right to post whatever you wanted to on here. But... when you do, opinions will be put forth on what you have to say.. including that it's not in one's best interests to make mountains out of mole hills or seek outside advice on your own personal boundaries if you feel they've been crossed by someone. What is one persons boundary/moral compass is another's water off a ducks back afterall. I feel you cause yourself unneccessary grief by not immediately talking to your partner about what bugs you. Simple.

BTW: I'm a woman. Not a "he" ... I often think like a man though which has helped me to be able to solve a lot of the smaller problems with the hubby of 34 years. I've never felt that I couldn't speak to him directly about what was bothering me and vis versa. Being able to communicate effectively with one another is the only way to solve problems. To be able to compromise so you both come out with something positive when either is unwilling to relinquish is another.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 06-11-11 at 01:47 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Why the hell are you posting on "Ask a Man" forum? You're a woman! You think like a man, maybe, but you are a WOMAN! You're definitely ballsy.

So I'm glad we agree: no one said I didn't have the right to post on here, but you surely implied it. Yes, opinions will be made.

But we don't agree on this: I CAN seek advise on my own personal boudaries if I feel they might have been crossed by someone. I can seek advise about anything, provided I follow Forum Rules.

I have the input I need; I won't be back on this thread.
    Who you are screams so loudly I can hardly hear what you're saying!

There is no rule that says a woman can't post on Ask a Man... for that reason I think the sub-forum is actually a little redundant. Men often respond in the Ask a Woman sub forum as well.

I CAN seek advise on my own personal boudaries if I feel they might have been crossed by someone. I can seek advise about anything, provided I follow Forum Rules.
    No one said you couldn't. I'll repeat. My personal opinion is that you need to address these things with your partner a little more is all and, to do it immediately upon you feeling disrespected or offended. Afterall; he is the one you need to be able to get along with.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You are unsatisfied, find him rude, things not easily ironed out, difficult, it's not a pretty picture, not easily handled....on and on and on......there is nothing but complaints about this guy. Girl friend, get it in your head this guy does not fulfill your relationship expectations, and YES! it's OK to just move on and find someone who does. You can't mold a person's personality to suit your needs....you are being a fool. With this guy you get what you get. The "talk " you have with him won't work. I bet money on it he will pacify you for now with bs until the Xmas holidays are over because he needs someone to watch his dog. Or he will get his back up and will not co-operate with you anyways.

A relationship that might have "potential", is a insecure way of not looking for something better.
    Last edited by smackie9; 06-11-11 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbee View Post
    I have the input I need; I won't be back on this thread.
    Great, you were'nt listening anyway. Dont let the door hit in the ass on the way out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12