+ Follow This Topic

Thread: please help me....

please help me....

so i really need some advice...

iv been with this girl for a long time... well we are split up now but still talk now after a break. on november 10th its going to be 2 years.... but here is the problem. i ASSUME TOOO much and my ex was on family vacation for 3-4 days.. didnt really have service but i text her anyways and i never get a text back. but she would get on facebook but i wouildnt hear from her.. its stupid i know but i started talking to this other girl just because i was kinda upset or what ever... i took her to a gator football game, etc started talking more... i ended up rushing into it and asking her out after a week and a half or so.....

but my ex found out and ended up talking to a guy to but nothing serious...... i now find myself in this relationship for a month now and im happy but im not..... i cant waste 2 years over my ex.. i love her and want to work things out BUT..... this girl im with now oyou can say is such a sweetheart.... would go wayyyy out of her way for me.... her mom, best friend and her parents are amazing.....

im just in such a situation right now i have no clue wut to do... no matter wut im going to have someone mad..... i really hate to do it to the girl im with now.. all she talks about is how happy i make her and how im not like them other guys and all that......

but recently iv been texting and seeing my ex a little bit..... she talks about how much she loves and misses me still and she says she would take me back and everything..... but i just hope she wouldnt play me u know... but see thats the assumming that gets me into trouble.....

i need someone to talk tooooo

You should break up with your current girlfriend. You're not being a very good boyfriend to her and you're not at all over your ex.

but then shes going to be heartbroken, theres no way around it

shes such a sweetheart its just crazy what position i am in.

Maybe you should have thought of that before getting involved with her? The fact is you are only going to do more harm as you let this carry on, tell your current girlfriend, you have shit to work out, and that you can't be fair to her in your current mindset. Then really sit down, give your head a shake, and figure out what you really want.

You chose to be in a crazy position, now you have to deal with it. Pick one girl and date her.

And your ex is still emotionally attached to you, because you had such a long relationship. Of course she misses you. That doesn't mean you two are compatible for something like marriage.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

If you carry on the hurt will get worse. But think carefully that you know what you want.

my girlfriend now... man shes just sooooo sweet..... theres so many girls that cheat and lie, but this one is just not like that. total opposite. very bright and smart girl....

i think mainly why i miss my ex is because it was so long. about 2 years... maybe i should just carry on with my girlfriend now..

You should get back with your ex. It seems like she means the most to you and if you have only been with this girl a short while she should be able to get over it. Just be honest with her and say it has nothing to do with her.

ok well i just broke up with her yesterday..... shes upset but shes gotta pull through.