+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The lowest point....

The lowest point....

Hello everyone,

I just need, well I don’t really know how to say…but don’t really know what I need. I guess, I just feel totally and totally worn out and discouraged. I just can’t understand it.

I am 32 now and since I was 15 I have longed for that person to love and be loved by and someone I was attracted too personality and looks wise.

Since then its just been a case of being with either

a) Someone who I am physically attracted too but just do not get on with personality wise.

Or

b) Someone who I am not physically attracted too but got on amazing with.

Now I am sick of people having a go at me for wanting to be with someone who I am attracted to looks wise, I am not looking for a model or something like that, just some I feel some physical attraction. I am so sick of people saying how bad of a person I am that I want to be with someone who I am attracted too looks wise as well as personality wise…..I have tried to be with someone who I was not attracted to looks wise but was personality wise and I just wasn’t happy. I felt like why settle for second best. I know for some people they can do that and they are happy with that and good for them. For me I am not though.

I just don’t understand it as I am a nice guy, good looking I am not arrogant though.

I have seen all my friends since school having met someone they liked both personality and looks wise all settle down etc etc…and then there’s me…still not met anyone. Just feel so so so so so so lonely. I know I could go out there right now and meet someone who I am not attracted too but I just wouldn’t be happy, I have tried that before. Is it so much to ask to be with someone who I am attracted too personality and looks wise??? Is it such a miracle? Like I NEVER thought for one moment when I was like 16/17 that at 32 I would still be in the same position.

Like people have said ohhh join more group etc etc…I have joined every single group you can think of an enrolled on every single evening course you can imagine for ages now, even tried internet dating…..nothing nothing nothing….

When out shopping etc I see guys with girls and think not in an arrogant way but I am just as good looking and probably just as nice a guy. Like I have started to feel envious of them now even. Never use too, use to think ahh good for him. Like I just see girls every single time I go out shopping etc who I would love to know, but sorry its just not socially acceptable to just go up to someone in the supermarket or in the street, they just think you’re a stalker. Like another thing, is that I don’t drink and am not into clubbing so I don’t click with party girls, so when I have met party girls in night clubs who like getting drunk its just not a good match for me. Of course not all of them do but most do though. So meeting someone in a night club is never a good idea for me.

I just give up, will I really end up alone all my life………….of course I know I don’t have too and could be with someone who I am not attracted too, but I wouldn’t be happy with that so it looks like I will never find that person to be happy with.

I mean I have don’t the whole just be happy with your life and live it and not looks for anyone…and did that for years…..but now I am starting too feel that loneliness and realise it. Like I want children a family etc too and don’t wanna be an old Dad. Like life is also about sharing it with someone.

I also find something very strange too. I lived in the US for a while and met lots of nice women who I was also attracted too who I could have had a relationship with, however I was already in one with someone I wasn’t happy with at the time. But the thing is, here in the UK I just don’t seem to meet anyone who I like both personality and looks wise???? I find that so strange?

I don’t know, just totally at the lowest point I always thought I would meet someone eventually, always someone for everyone etc etc but I am begining to wonder now and can’t keep blocking it out forever…….
    Last edited by lightsblue; 09-11-11 at 08:43 AM. Reason: missed out

Damn man you think you are the only one. Just watch TOWIE or Made in Chelsea, check out these freaks, everyone is struggling. I am not as old as you yet but 32 would be kind of thinking its time to settle down but if it doesnt happen for me I dont care too much, I like my own company and enjoy life. I think that relationship adds some meaning to your life but ultimately its about you finding meaning in everything you do and loving life, if you would be loved then be lovable but you have to love life first and foremost, and of course, yourself.

If you're one of these that does a 9-5 and then goes home, maybe out on friday night once a week, but question you ask, what separates me from everyone else. What is interesting about me and why would anyone choose me over the other person. Some people think they are all unique and individual and all this nonsense and its exactly that, nonsense, most people are plain boring.