+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Crap, misinterpreted something. Now what?

Crap, misinterpreted something. Now what?

I'm taking a sabbatical from men. One year, cold turkey. On one hand this guy I know is constantly around trying to get my attention. We get along great. Same sence of humour, we tease, we joke, we can have serious talks for hours as well. He's been asking me what my type is, dropping sex in basically every convo (not specifically with me, just in general and some cases directed towards me) etcetera. Now, I'm getting the cold shoulder. I hinted towards something like let's give it a go. Nothing big, just seeing were it leads. Not like I want to tie him down. Now, all of a sudden I'm out of the picture. What the hell did I do wrong?

not enough information, I dont think we are mind readers here... ;-) could have been a number of things, like he found someone else, or you did or said something that triggered him based on his previous experience. Or something entirely different...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your hints are more like shooting a fly with a laser cannon, Steph. Still, you are who you are. Just move on to another guy who can appreciate your spunk.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

yes not enough info ... otherwise I'd guess you made yourself too available so the chase got boring

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She has other posts that describe her dating behaviour.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

The guy is painfully insecure to the point he just couldn't even ask you out....not your problem. Now if you honestly like this guy call him up and ask him out yourself. If he rejects you, there is a possibility he has found another interest. Better make your move now before it's way too late.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Your hints are more like shooting a fly with a laser cannon, Steph. Still, you are who you are. Just move on to another guy who can appreciate your spunk.
    Well, seems like I wasn't completely out of the picture. Still got a no go. Not in those words, but got a nice politician's answer. I was basically awesome according to him, but since he didn't answer the question it's a no. He avoided the whole thing. Sounded like a goodbye actually. Can't say it doesn't hurt a little bit. Might have ruined a good friendship by telling him (point blank) I want to see if we can see if there's something more than friendship. That's what you get if you misinterpret signals I guess. Lesson here is that it doesn't always mean there's something there if you can talk for hours, laugh, and flirt. Confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    The guy is painfully insecure to the point he just couldn't even ask you out....not your problem. Now if you honestly like this guy call him up and ask him out yourself. If he rejects you, there is a possibility he has found another interest. Better make your move now before it's way too late.
    I wish. In that case I would just wait and be patient. He's avoiding the whole let's give it a try situation. Don't think it's because he's insecure, just not interested. So, I did make a move. Laid my heart on the line, literally. Got a bunch of compliments, but no answer. That's a no. Think I'd appreciated it more if he just said no. The compliments actually make this painful. Cause now I can't even say he's a bastard.

Possible just not interested, or maybe during your deep chats you said something that turned him off you. Lot of guys go fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by regdenied View Post
    Possible just not interested, or maybe during your deep chats you said something that turned him off you. Lot of guys go fishing.
    I'm absolutely sure I didn't say anything during the deep chats. He initiated the talk that followed. Actually asked for another talk right after that one as well. Don't think he would do that if I said something wrong. Awkward though, cause I'm not sure how to react the next time I see him. It's inevitable. I can act like I normally do, but then again I don't really want him getting too close. Not at this point. I mean I got rejected right? I still have a heart, which is slightly bruised. I know he's not interested, otherwise he wouldn't avoid my question.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A lot of guys find dominant women intimidating. Or just off-putting. Not your problem, Stephanie. Sometimes things are better left as 'friends'.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    A lot of guys find dominant women intimidating. Or just off-putting. Not your problem, Stephanie. Sometimes things are better left as 'friends'.
    I know, but he knows I'm dominant. I've known the guy for more then three years. Actually he's the male version of me. A little better even (I'll slap myself for saying that later ), since he's even more sharp tongued. Wish guys would just be clear. We're not made of sugar. I can handle a "No, I'm not interested in you that way" This just leaves me hanging on the "What happened" part. Frustrating!

Strike the frustrating. Might be a spunky girl, but think I let this one get too close. Pathetic part here is I'm actually listening to Everybody hurts while sobbing away. Someone call Dr Phil. Think this one actually broke me.