+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friendly or Flirty?

Friendly or Flirty?

Hey guys, just wanted your opinion on this:

Ok, so I'm a really 'touchy' girl who doesn't mind hugs etc etc - and I just believe it's a friendly thing. Friends describe me as a bubbly, happy and outgoing girl. I am able to confidently talk to strangers and don't feel shy very often. As I'm such a touchy girl, I don't mind guys being touchy to me (obviously I have a bottom line to that) and sometimes friends around me joke that I'm being flirty and so on. I must admit, sometimes it is slightly, especially when I meet a good looking guy but 90% of the time, it's just being who I am.

So my question is, if a girl is being touchy towards you, but you know as a fact that this girl is of the touchy sort - do you consider it to be flirty or friendly? Do you return the touchy-ness at the same level, or do you lower / increase it? (I.e. if I always like to hug you when I see you - do you add in a kiss to the hug? Only hug me back? Or don't hug at all?)

When life becomes too tough and one feels the need to hide - one will start dreaming.

Guys are different. If a girl is friendly to them, they think it's an open invitation, they take it as a "signal" to pursue. If a guy follows along and returns the hugs and stuff, they most likely want to date you. I'm sure you have been accused of "leading them on" from time to time. Or they tell you that you confuse them.

I used to work with this one girl, a hot chic in fairness to her but she TURNED ME OFF like a bucket of vomit. So she'd wear the tightest skinny jeans showing off as much ass as possible, and walk around with her tits out as much as possible and come for hugs and all that crap and do nice big come on displays but I put her in her place with that shit, cause she's one, a cock tease, I know that, and second, pure attention seeker. I think the forbidden fruit tastes a lot sweeter. Hugs are okay with your lover or waiting at the arrivals for someone you haven't seen in a while but otherwise I think it's annoying and childish. Unless you want me to go right now and lets "dance" then leave the touchy feely out.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Guys are different. If a girl is friendly to them, they think it's an open invitation, they take it as a "signal" to pursue. If a guy follows along and returns the hugs and stuff, they most likely want to date you. I'm sure you have been accused of "leading them on" from time to time. Or they tell you that you confuse them.
    What she said..

Not to mention, I would never take a girl seriously who had that overt flirty type of manner, hugging and kissing any guy she knows. It's cheap, whorish, childish, and attention seeking behaviour which would turn the best of men away for sure.

Well I don't wear extra tight skinny jeans, don't own any either, or low cut / flashy tops for that matter too. I'm more the outgoing tom-boy kinda girl who wears whatever's comfortable (jeans, trackies) but it's just I do like hugging people.

And no, I don't just hug and kiss any old guy I meet!

Oh and one more question, how blunt does a girl have to be for a guy to understand that a relationship past friends is not possible?

When life becomes too tough and one feels the need to hide - one will start dreaming.

try not hugging them next time, probably they'll get the message

regdenied - ooo that's a good one!

I don't take anything as flirting unless it's really obvious. So hugging, to me, is not flirting. I'm a hugging guy, that's how I was raised. That doesn't mean I'm flirting with you. So, any flirting I do will be REALLY obvious, so there is no miscommunication, or wondering. Like, if I'm at the girl's house I might say "It's cold. Let's go to your bedroom and warm up." You see? Bedroom was mentioned. That's flirting.

A look across the room is not flirting. If you want to talk to me, come talk to me. I don't bite. Usually. lol.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

bulrush - yeah I've never taken hugging to be a flirty thing, and so I never mind being hugged by people. But it seems from what others have said, that it's a flirty thing?