+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I m in fantasy with another guy...is it cheating on my boyfriend?

I m in fantasy with another guy...is it cheating on my boyfriend?

i have a steady relationship for several years.i am happy with this relationship.we r trustful to each other.but the problem is....for a few days..i have met a guy on internet.he flirted with me.so did i.and now i m in a fantasy with this guy.i done want him in my life.but i like to pass time with him.i like to be with him even more than with my boyfriend.sometimes it gives me a guilty feelings.am i cheating with my boyfriend????

If you are feeling guilty about it, then I would say you are doing something your boyfriend would likely not approve of.

You are having an emotional affair, and yes that is cheating. When you share intimacy through conversation with someone else you are sharing something that should only limited to your bf. If you are keeping it a secret from him then you shouldn't be doing it.

Now, you say you are doing this when you have some time to kill. That tells me you depend on your bf to entertain you, and you don't have much of a life like spending time going out with your gfs or be involved in activities. Also you are having some affection issues in your relationship. Your bf isn't giving you enough romantic attention that you are craving, so you seek it out with a stranger on the net.

It would be best to re-evaluate your relationship. It might not be all just fine like you say, there are things there that are leaving you unsatisfied. Either you work on your relationship to make it better by having lots of open honest communication with your bf, or consider maybe you might not be ready to commit to just one person at this time in your life, OR he just isn't the one.

sadie_genie Guest
    It is betrayal.

Short answer? Yes, it is cheating.

having this kind of feeling for another guy is normal... but if this continues and become more on time consuming, thats cheating... so mind set yourself between this two - "to stop or to continue"

Quote Originally Posted by backy natalie View Post
    i have a steady relationship for several years.i am happy with this relationship.we r trustful to each other.but the problem is....for a few days..i have met a guy on internet.he flirted with me.so did i.and now i m in a fantasy with this guy.i done want him in my life.but i like to pass time with him.i like to be with him even more than with my boyfriend.sometimes it gives me a guilty feelings.am i cheating with my boyfriend????
    Good for you girl! I wish I could take awat my jerk from my heart...
    I deal with real cheating (from him) ((( posted my story under "cheating" thread
    Sorry, right now I have no sympathy for any men

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Flirting isn't cheating unless it continues to this point, where you like to talk to him even more than your boyfriend. Maybe you aren't as 'trustful' to each other as you think?

If your boyfriend found out, I don't think he'd be very happy. That should tell you all you need to know.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

You have to step back and think, how would you feel if your BF was doing this with another girl and feeling the same way......