+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

Alright, let me tell you everything about this, from start to finish. Warning: long story.

I met this girl 3-4 years ago around my old hangout spot in the town, we talked and ended up going out for a while, but after exchanging numbers and email addresses, that one time was our only time of face-to-face time until a couple of weeks later. We arranged to meet up loads of times, but she blew me off at the very last minute, sometimes not even telling me. After that phase, we met up quite a lot, and we fell in love swiftly. We had our ups and downs, but everything went great. Until out of the blue, she broke up with me for a guy from her old school, leaving me heartbroken. I tried to forget about her.

A couple of weeks later, she appeared at my door, asking for me back, to which I agreed, and we were back together. And we are to this day, this is our 3rd year together second time around. We were doing so great again... Until this year.

We see each other nearly every week, but she never ever calls or even texts anymore (until I do anyway). We had went on our first holiday together, but there, I was bossed around for most of it, and the most bizarre part came a couple of months later, when she text me angrily, saying that I am too immature, and need to grow up. I did nothing to deserve that, but I eventually got it out of her. The reason she said that was because I went to a dart-stall at this little fair, to which I declined to have a go at in the first place. And then, she revealed to me the scary part. During the time between it happening and her talking to me about it, she had drank a part of a bottle of nail varnish, and while I was there, scraped her wrist on the wall. I asked her if she was alright, and she said it was fine, but in that argument, she shouted at me, saying that I should have seen that coming. Anyway, we eventually worked it out after some long conversations.

But it still goes on, more subtley, but still. She still bosses me around constantly, like a second mother, and recently, she had tried to put me off persuing a voicework job, saying that lip piercings hold me down (which it doesn't) and that I need to get much better (even though I had done work for radio and a radio drama at that time). I had considered breaking it off a few times recently, but how can I tell someone who not only drinks varnish for her troubles, but has a black belt to her name, and an aggressive mind. I still love her, and we have been through a lot together, but with the years that will follow, I just don't see a future. I don't want to hurt her, but I don't want to drag her along.

Does anyone know what to do in this situation? If you do, please reply.

Edit: Sorry if this belongs in the Broken Hearts Forum part, didn't know which category this subject falls under.
    Last edited by Requiem666; 16-11-11 at 07:17 AM.

Your girlfriend shows signs of some sort of emotional disorder. Has she considered speaking to a therapist just to try to find out what is causing her to be both negative towards you and attempting to figure out why she wants to drink nailpolish?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Your girlfriend shows signs of some sort of emotional disorder. Has she considered speaking to a therapist just to try to find out what is causing her to be both negative towards you and attempting to figure out why she wants to drink nailpolish?
    I would ask her, but she gets very upset when we scratch the surface of the topic, and yet, she has no problem with telling me that she feels suffocated by me and my family and best friend, even though we have all been nothing but nice to her, and we definately get our privacy just fine, with gig and dinner dates I prepare for her. I don't know what could be wrong, she had a pretty good upbringing as i've heard from her parents and friends.
    Last edited by Requiem666; 16-11-11 at 07:55 AM.