+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean? What can I do? I really like this guy..

What does this mean? What can I do? I really like this guy..

Hello,

So I met someone 2 weeks ago.. We have been "dating for a week." and after that he calls me one night saying I cannot see you anymore.
    Its been two weeks now, I had to wonder why he said that to me all of the sudden. Then he rang me up on day and said, I am sorry about before.. I was being very unfair to you. I really do like you a lot, but to be honest I just cannot forget my past.. my ex girlfriend..
    And you deserve better, you deserve to be loved. So this means that he has respect for me and he cares. But does he really mean it when he says that he likes me too? I really like him a lot.. I don't know if I can wait around for him to get over his ex.. Is it worth it...?
    I really want to be with this guy but I know right now he said he is not ready to love anyone..

Hey. Just giving you advice based on previous experiences. If you like him deep down, you can choose to wait, but I wouldn't recommend waiting for too long. Most times, getting over past relationships, if not completely life-devastating ones, take some time, but will usually come and go. But the other hand, it can be quite hard, after a relationship, to get back into a relationship. If you eventually see him again, take it slow, tell him how you feel, get to know each other a little better, and see if you can work something out together, and whatever your heart tells you to do, that's your answer. Hopefully, that has somewhat helped you. I hope everything works out

Hi Thank you for your reply.

Yes I agree, it takes time to get over someone if you have been in a long relationship.
    But the thing is, with this guy he still talks to me. He tells me he likes me, but at the same time says Im not over my ex and I need time. I just don't understand why he still talks to me when hes not over his ex. Is he trying to keep me around?

I personally don't think you should wait, you have no idea how emotionally damaged he is or how long it will take him to recover. Move on with your life and if he calls you down the road, awesome. If not, then you weren't stuck waiting for it.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    I personally don't think you should wait, you have no idea how emotionally damaged he is or how long it will take him to recover. Move on with your life and if he calls you down the road, awesome. If not, then you weren't stuck waiting for it.
    Yeah, i'd probably go with this. Sorry, was just speaking from past experiences. I hope everything goes alright.

Quote Originally Posted by singma33 View Post
    Hi Thank you for your reply.

Yes I agree, it takes time to get over someone if you have been in a long relationship.
    But the thing is, with this guy he still talks to me. He tells me he likes me, but at the same time says Im not over my ex and I need time. I just don't understand why he still talks to me when hes not over his ex. Is he trying to keep me around?
    Yes, he just wants you around. A few years back this girl was the same way. Just got out of a relationship. I decided not stick around as I felt being used. So basically, it won't help you get to know this guy you are interested in if you stick around and wait. If you stick around and wait, you were just making him a favor as he needed to be around someone to feel "loved" as a sub. But if you got all the time in the world and don't mind being confused by this guy telling you the same line again, ride a long. Keep us up to date though if you decide to stick around.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Thank you for the reply.
    Yes I have clearly told him I am not waiting around for you to get over your past.
    But it really annoys me because I know he respects me, but he keeps calling me every other day or so..
    Which makes me think oh he wants comfort.. from me.. to make him feel better which doesn't help me at all.

Exactly! Most people who get out of a relationship have the need and urge to be and cared from someone because they don't want to be alone. That's why he is calling you. He has no one else to call and who knows, he can always go back to his ex which a lot people end up doing because they refuse to give others a chance.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

]Move on, hes just in the needy stage after being dumped. you run a risk of being a rebound til he figured out what he wants and then realizes its not you. keep distance, i say look elseware, in a week or 2 if hes still on easy id dont even call or text him again.

use the no FUK on me attitued!

He called me again.. I didn't pick up! which is good..

If he texts or would leave voice mail stating he has re thought and wants to see where this can go id then give him a shot, but if he cant you making the right move to not pick up the phone. i feel past is past, get over it find another one. seems alot dont wanna let go or whatever then problems are.

Ya.. well he rang me up again tonight.. didnt pick up.. and he left me a text saying, im sorry im just not ready for anything.
    it sounds like he just wants to keep in touch and be friends..?

So the recent update with this guy..
    stupid me I met him because he asked me to meet! we met for a chat, everything was ok.
    he did do a bit of explaining.. it seems that he is over his past. but actually he doesnt know what he wants. When a guy says they dont know what they want, doesnt it mean that he cant make his mind up wether he likes the girl or not?
    because i sensed that feeling from him. he seemed confused wether he likes me or not.
    in the end he was holding my hand.. and kissed me! i knew that was a bad idea. i did back off!

and then i got a text when i got back, he says maybe the best thing to do now is that you get on with your life so your heart is safe.!
    what a confusing guy or is this my fault?

You let him capture your heart already. Now you will be thinking about him even though he sounds like its okay for you to look for someone else.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

hey everyone! i have more news!
    this guy called me. and we have been in touch for the last few days. hes been very caring all the sudden..
    and ive asked him so you seem to be more caring about me now?

and he rang me up and said, ive sort of opened myself up. i feel comfortable now
    and hes asking to see me again soon, saying things like oh your work place is near my place. (as in suggesting me to move in sometime in the future...? i expected.. i did ask him and hes like maybe..? with a happy nice tone voice)
    everything is a bit weird now! so what is he trying to do now after all hes said. after hes said oh i cant see you anymore.

im very confused!!!! it seem slike he is trying hard to get me back because he feels like hes losing me