+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Always a friend...?

Always a friend...?

Hey, all,

I have a pretty generic question I guess.

I've always gotten along better with guys than with girls. Not that I don't have girl friends (I can't exactly do hair and nails with my male friends =P ), but I spend the vast majority of time with my guy friends. Mostly, it's great. The drama is kept to a minimum, and I can be myself with them. Occasionally, some romantic feelings will surface (usually on my part), but I have worked through them, and all my relationships are now platonic.

However, I seem to be having trouble making the jump from best friend/project buddy/confidant to girlfriend. These boys are all taken (or not interested), which works great for friendship, but how do I attract someone more eligible? The guys in my social circle are out of the question, so how do I branch out? I am not looking for a one-night stand (not to knock it but it's not my thing), and...well...people just aren't interested.

Why do I make a fine friend, but not a good girlfriend? I am attentive and trustworthy. And I clean up okay!

When you find one interested, playing hard to get usually works, so long as you don't string them along too long. Don't make things easy, and appeal to his ego. Let him kind of know you are feeling him, but you aren't going to go w/out a fight and he'll have to earn it.

Based on the amount of information you gave I can't exactly tell why guys are passing you over, but I do know that a lot of men find it to be a turnoff when a girl is always hanging around a lot of other guys.

^ That's also kind of true. IMO, it's either intimidating in a sense that she isn't like a girl and won't be wooed as such, or, she's that girl that has "guy friends cause there's less drama" that ends up causing problems with trust issues I.E "He's just a friend."

I am a trustworthy person, but I guess I can see where that could be scary (ie: I could be perceived as being flirty or loose because I have all these male friends). The trouble is that this isn't the case. I have very firm friendship lines and I have never had issues while in a relationship. And I can't very well dump my friends in the hopes that I -could- get a boyfriend that way.

Regardless, I'm not a big game player, but if I could get somebody interested I'd be willing to try playing a little harder to get. It's the initial interest that just doesn't happen (except with taken guys).