+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Update on ex...am I now in th "friendship" loop?!

Update on ex...am I now in th "friendship" loop?!

I saw my ex last night, for the first time in about 3 weeks, and it was the first time we had spoken in 2 weeks. It was horrific!!!! She came over to speak to me, I didn't notice her coming over so was taken aback...I was very drunk, and probably did some stuff I shouldn't have done, so I was a little worse for wear. But anyway, she came up to me and just hugged me. Then my friends came over, and literally pulled us apart, and stopped her from talking to me at all. I don't think they should have acted the way they did, but they were jus being protective over me because they know how much she has messed me about. Anyway, my ex started crying, and she never shows emotion, so to me, I knew she must have been really upset, so I just wanted to speak to her more, but they wouldn't let me.

Then my friends confronted th person my ex cheated on me with, and it got even more messy. They left soon after, and I carried on and had a good night.

This morning I wake up to an Essay of a text from her, telling me how she misses me so much, and she just wanted to talk, and that last night made her want me, but she couldn't do anything because she didn't want to confuse th both of us - fair enough...but we agreed to meet up this afternoon to chat...and from the chat I understood that we were guna take things slowly and see what happens, we're going out for dinner on Tuesday.

But I've jus received a text from her now, saying that she hopes we can have our friendship that we had in our relationship back, but she doesn't want us to get back together. So now I'm a bit confused. It's like she really doesn't know what she wants. She said she's a bit of an emotional wreck atm, she cried when we met for our chat today too. She's not her normal self at all...but I don't know what to do. Do I just stay around and be there for her and hope that things work out...or do I go in without any hope, and what happens, happens. Or do I just cut my losses and go back to N/C?!

Only pursue things with her if you are prepared to just be her friend, but I don't recommend it.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

It definitely sounds like she's a wreck and is very confused. I'd be very cautious if I were you because by the sounds of it she's going to mess you up all over again. Plus she cheated on you once...she'd most likely do it again. If I were you, I would try to move on!
    Loved you once, love you still...Always have, always will

Move on !!!!
    If i see the link again you will be deleted.

I honestly think u shud move on... She's missing you because she's lonely...one she finds someone else she will just go back to the same self. She asked to be ur friend so she can have someone to lean on when things get rough. But if she cheated on u then she isnt worth supporting... You will do yourself good if u just go N/C almost forever and move on.. Be happy

She only wanted you that night because she couldn't have you! The two things that makes someone massively more desirable - knowing you can't have them and knowing someone else likes them.
    You friends wouldn't let her speak to you, so that made her want to see you all the more! She texts you the next day, you come running and meet up with her...suddenly she's not so interested.
    Nothing has changed with this girl, she'll lose interest the second you get back with her(if you got back with her)
    Tell her no, you need time to get over her and you can't see her until you do. She'll start with the 'missing you' texts in no time!

Your friends have the right idea, it's good that they have your back. Go see more of them and enjoy yourself.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"