+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need advice on what to say

need advice on what to say

hi i'm going to meet a chick tomorrow who's a friend of my friend. He's is basically taking me to her workplace. she works at a booth that sells women jewelry and accessories. i have talked to her once before but for a very short time about 2-3minutes. i'm wondering what to say to her and how to brake the ice. because i don't believe she has any clue that i am interested in her. also she is somewhat far from my home and it's not easy for me to go there often to get to know her before asking her out. so i think i want to ask her out straight up. any tips? thanks

Asking someone out at their workplace is pretty iffy. It can be awkward, and she might not like being put on the spot like that. I'd advise against it, especially since you have a mutual friend. You guys can arrange some sort of group activity where you invite some of your friends, and he invites some of his (like the girl in question, wink nudge.) There you can chat her up, flirt, ask for her number, call her later, date, score.

I agree with MerryH. I wouldn't ask her out when you just show up at her work. Especially if you have not really talked to her much in the past. I would just play it very cool when you see her.

MerryH's idea about the group outing is an excellent one as well. Maybe you can work something out with your friend before you go to her work and then you can ask her to join you guys for whatever you plan when you are there.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Just be cool when you meet her at the job place. Find something interesting to say...make a funny joke...ask her questions about herself...Let her get to know you first somewhat. Then when you see her again, hopefully when she is not at work, you can ask her out. Good luck to you.

A good tip for any awkward virgins like the op who fall apart at the first sight of a womans tit. If you have plans to ask a bird out, crack one off before you go. This relieves all the pressure, and makes you less bothered if you get rejected. Might sound a little primitave, but it actually works. I managed to pump 8 birds in my youth using this very method.

good advice mwahahaa,
    yeah man definitely dont ask her out at work, i think weve reached concensus on that one. but do talk to her when you see her! ask her about herself...people like ot talk about themsellves...so since she works at a jewelry store you can ask her things like which piece is her favorite. This would be a good time to throw a little (subtle) flirtation in there, maybe by picking one out you think shed look good in and telling her so. maybe she likes it too and then boom, seed planted. or maybe she prefers a different style, ask her about it. conversation planted. this meeting should be all about planting seeds. give a little but not too much. be relaxed, confident, not afraid to talk to her, but dont overwhelm her. keep it cool, ask her a few open ended questions to get a little conversation going. avoid small talk though. make it meaningful, be interested in her and what she has to say. itll be about her doing most of the talking, and you asking questions, giving supporting responses and another question. your curious about her arent you? i dont know what your flirting skills are like, but ill assume you havent had much experience since your asking what to say, so stick to a comfortable level. find out what shes interested in. Its important to strike a balance between contact, and no contact. A girl doesnt necessarily want a guy who is readily available so be availale but not available. THere could even be a point where you walk away on your own just to get your own impression of the store, and to give her a little time to miss you (assuming you made a good first impression).

Let us know how that goes for ya bud
    It takes dynamite to get me up, too much of everything is just enough.
    One more thing I just got to say, I need a miracle every day.