+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is this still happening???

Why is this still happening???

So I posted about this maybe two weeks ago about suddenly missing my ex again. Background: We broke up almost two months ago now. At first I was upset.. maybe like a week or two. Tons of crying etc. Then after that I was fine. He didn't even cross my mind, and I was moving on. I met knew people, went out with friends.. all that jazz. Then suddenly two weeks ago it hit me really hard that I missed him. It caught me off guard. I figured it would go away and it just happened because something triggered up some good random memories or something. Well.. here I am two weeks later and it is ever worse! I try to keep busy, but he is constantly in my head. We haven't talked in a month. I've pushed away a really good guy because I can't seem to get over this guy for some reason. I had an easier time getting over my daughter's father and I was with him for 4 years. I don't understand why I'm having such an awful time with this and why it resurfaced? Is this just some kind of phase that I'll go through over the "process" of getting over someone? How do you keep those memories from popping up full force months later?

it is normal that he still cross on my mind while moving on... that's the challenge .. if you really want to forget him .. time will come you can't even think of him .. just wait for that time .. and always remember .. you can forget people that hurt you once, but still the feeling of being hurt is still there.. .. )
    If i see the link again you will be deleted.

Sorry to hear about all this heartbreak you are going through. I think you are thinking of the good times and happiness you had with him and missing it. You know overall he is a good guy but things just did not work out between the two of you. I wonder if he's upset too after all this time and thinking of you everyday? Most likely. Maybe you just need more time apart and if you still have these feelings, then you should consider contacting him and see how it goes. It's funny how love can feel so good, but sometimes it just sucks.

Good luck to you.

Stop thinking of the good times with your ex, and think of the bad times. It will help you forget him. There is a reason why you two broke up, right? It's because there were more bad times than good times, right? Also, don't ever contact your ex, and destroy all pictures of him. Then give it time. It just takes time.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)