+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel horrible... I'll never get a girlfriend or anyone..

I feel horrible... I'll never get a girlfriend or anyone..

here's my issue..

Lets just say I'm from a religious family, a moderate Muslim family. They're view of contact between the sexes is that... no contact at all if ever. And that's what I've done all my life.

I don't think they now I feel though... when they've never had to deal with the crushing loneliness of just being there. They preach and say I shouldn't think about it, that I'm just wasting my time. How can that be when you decided to get married when you where 18 and 19. Why didn't you wait as your telling me? They've always said, " until you have a career and are well educated, this shouldn't come to your mind." They're loving and only doing it out of fear that I may not be like them but...it feels like torture.

I've never had a problem with girls, ever since I was young girls would ask me out and I would decline because," its not allowed in my religion". When a girl asked me out in high school for prom, the only thing I could say was no....I felt horrible...I really did like her.

When I finally decided I'm to change, there was no one. I don't know what to do. I'm a 20 year old in college that's a virgin, maybe I should seek counseling..I feel so lonely.

I think its just what my family prophesied, I'm going to be 30, well educated and alone. Sometimes I just wish there was a switch and I couldn't feel this depressed. How do you begin to find someone when you don't know what to do or where to begin?

In the mean time I should just find a way to end this crippling loneliness.
    Last edited by GlassValley; 27-11-11 at 09:20 AM.

sadie_genie Guest
    You are not really constrained as much as you think. You don't have to listen to your parents...do you? Many people who have strict parents date anyways.

There are 3 things I learned in my 30s

A. Your 30s is when you are in your prime of life
    B. Religion is a crock of Bullshiit
    C. My parents have absolutely no clue in giving advice about me and my life

So there you go young man.

Religion has really somehow limit your actions as an individual. The only thing to do is to tell your parents or somebody you can trust what you feel because it will cool down the depression...
    I know there are opportunities that you have missed and might never come back. What you have to mind is the happiness you should seek because happiness will be the thing that will make you live the days full of anxiety and sadness...

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!