+ Follow This Topic

Thread: single. and loving it??

single. and loving it??

hmmm where to start..

im 26. live and work in london. have lots of friends and family, a sociable girl with lots of interests. im curvy with great assets, a nice pretty smiley face. yet i am very single.

the men i meet are usually in relationships and the types of guys willing to cheat (i'm not into that), or they are looking for a one night conquest (i'm fed up of those, too!) i've tried online dating, and i go out often enough with friends and colleagues which is a great way of meeting new people. i do date, however i just cant keep a man.

i'm interesting and funny. certainly not bad in the bedroom - the exes always come back for more. i can hold my own in life and conversation. yet when i'm at home i feel completely alone. all of my friends have partners. and with the christmas season coming up... well i dread it, because my family always have their partners and partners families around. its so depressing.

is it a case of "i want, never gets"? or is it something i just have to wait out....? any advice would be much appreciated.

I may be only 20 but I know this feeling. I think the only thing to do is just focus on other areas of your life that make you happy and believe that your time will come. Another thing I have heard is to say yes to the guys you normally say no to, and vice versa..

I think it's something you'll have to wait out, you will find someone just give it sometime . I thought the same as you, but i've found someone and while we aren't officially dating, we both really like each other.

single girl near London waving back - look at it another way...all those 'lucky' women in relationships have guys that are hitting on you and me..How lucky are they really?

Certain times, depending on our moods seem to hit hard. Yeah xmas may feel tough but flip that and you have yourself to spend money on, you can choose what you want to watch on tv, eat what and when you like, no arguing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by indielover View Post
    I may be only 20 but I know this feeling. I think the only thing to do is just focus on other areas of your life that make you happy and believe that your time will come. Another thing I have heard is to say yes to the guys you normally say no to, and vice versa..
    possibly but if I'm saying yes to someone I'm not attracted to I don't feel right, as if I'm leading them on.

There is no answer to the question. I was single for 2 years when I was at university and thought 'why am I single, I'm a nice guy etc etc'.
    I was single in Feb 2010 after an 8 year relationship and found some good dating websites. Had some interesting dates and then met Sophie - we've been together for over a year and very happy. I'd suggest dating websites as some of them can be very good. And you're in London where there must be zillions of young, single people. I'm an old fart in the middle of the French countryside and found someone so why can't you?

I believe you will find the right guy for you. Who knows maybe God is saving you for someone special. True love comes when you are not waiting, remember!

I don't believe in settling.. I see too many people who do that and I think its depressing! I'm just saying even if you're not initially attracted to someone perhaps give them a shot? Having said this I've never been able to follow that advice myself so I know what you're feeling! I've just heard from some friends who are in great relationships that it started because they took a chance on someone that weren't that into!