+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was it withdrawals from his medication or did he use me?

Was it withdrawals from his medication or did he use me?

I was with this guy for a month and everything was good. He recently broke up with me about a week or two after going off his anti depressants. I don't think he consulted a doctor or went off of them gradually. I'm not sure. We were making plans to hang out for the coming week and then he just stopped calling me and wouldn't return my calls. He ordered bedroom accessories the week before he broke up with me. The last night I spent with him he was a little goofy, but nothing unusual. Then the next week, my friends said his mood/temperament had done a complete 180. I saw him a week after we broke up and he was talking to himself (we were on a basketball team together) and was very aggression/into the game. Not creepy, just beside himself. What happened? Did he use me or did this have to do with withdrawl from his meds?
    Last edited by mewmew105; 29-11-11 at 02:50 PM.

When people get off their meds for mental health issues, they can make very bad, illogical decisions. I think he broke up with you because of his lack of meds.

He ordered bedroom accessories the week before he broke up with me.
    Er...uh...nevermind.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

takes way more then a month to get off meds like that. an ex gf nearly killed me after being off them for 5 days afrint bein gon them for 18 years...ask him whats up.

It was only a month, the reason it ended isn't important. Just simply move on and don't waste another thought on him.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I agree that it was only a month and should not be that big of a concern for you. But for the record, withdrawal from anti-depressants can be very severe. Anti-depressants change your brain chemistry. And if you don't ween yourself off them with a doctor's help, all of a sudden your brain starts freaking out. And it could cause lots of different personality changes, including relationships ending.
    So first off, make sure you take care of yourself. Don't get sucked into his downward spiral. But if you stay on good terms with him, you might want to suggest that he talk to his doctor about going off the meds. Show your care and concern. But be ready for him to just cut off all ties with you. People who are spiraling tend to not want people around to pull them out. It is another self-harm method they attempt.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!