+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In a bit of a social bind and I'd love some help.

In a bit of a social bind and I'd love some help.

I've got a bit of a problem. I went into the hospital in roughly 7th grade due to illness, and since then I've been home schooled and haven't had many social interactions with people in general. I ultimately had to undergo surgery, and now am in perfect condition, and my parents decided to send me back to school. I am now a Senior in high school with an entirely new body (It's been years since I went to school, and I've gone through seemingly my entire puberty stage). I went back to school as a Junior. I've managed to make some friends and have joined a little group at school, but my problem is girls- I don't know what to do about them. I can clearly tell a lot of them think I'm attractive or cute or whatever, but I can't seem to work any courage up to talk to them. I don't even know what to do or say. I always feel bad when I see a girl in my class on the other side of the room looking directly at me or a girl in the hallways ignoring her friends for a second to look at me or worse- passing by them in the hallway when we're both alone and she clearly is looking at me- and I can't say anything to them. I've tried looking on the internet for ways to help me, but all of them basically just tell me to work on my self confidence- but the problem is I feel I have plenty. While I'm not one to brag about how ridiculously sexy I am, I think I look really good.

Another thing; I am 17 years old, and if I do manage to get a girlfriend, I don't know what I'd do, either. I don't have a car- yet. I still have a couple more months to go before I can test for my license, and it feels like I'd be expected to have one.

i would say grow some balls but u been thru alot so i recomend to smoke some weed n see if it gives u courage cuz it helped me alot..

what the hell are you trying mugz?telling everybody to smoke weed in almost every post...wake up dude...people here need advices and not this shit >.<

If you pass a girl in the hall, and you don't have time to talk, look them in the eye, smile, and say "Love your hair, Missy." Give them a compliment. Always look them in the eye if you are interested in dating them.

If you have time to talk, give them a hug (not too long or creepy) and talk about school classes, school activities, your life, your hobbies or hers, just make smalltalk. Google "how to smalltalk" to get more tips.

Girls will often look at cute guys, but that doesn't mean they want to date you. So ask their friends if the girl would want to date you. Their friend my have to ask the girl, then get back to you in a few days, so be patient. Or simply ask the girl directly. Ask if she has a boyfriend. "You're so nice you MUST have a boyfriend." Don't give compliments only based on their looks, they don't like that. They like compliments on their brains too. Focus on their strengths, not just their looks.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)