+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Uti?

Uti?

Hey, just a little advice as I have actually never had one before. Last week (after sex) I went to the toilet and realised I had a small amount of blood in my urine and over the next couple of days I started to experience much more frequent urination to what I am used to along with a slight tingling sensation. All the symptoms seemed to be a UTI (a mild one at that) and after a day or two of drinking cranberry juice all discomfort went away. Yet at the moment the increased urination has persisted, is this a normal symptom of a healing UTI? or should I see a doctor?
    “So it's not gonna be easy, It's going to be really hard, we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” <3

Yes sounds like a mild UTI. I have had similar things, where urinating was painful for about a day or two, but never went to a doctor for it. If it is unbearable, then go to a doctor. But keep drinking cranberry juice until 2 days after it heals. Cranberry juice prevents the bacteria from adhering to the walls of the urethra.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't wait until it's unbearable, because the infection can travel through the bladder and up the ureters and cause damage to the kidneys, and that is much more difficult to treat.

Cranberry juice (or vitamin C) increases the acidity of your urine, which makes it more difficult for most bacteria to grow, but if you've already tried the cranberry juice trick, it's time to see a doctor. Actually, I would't have even bothered with the cranberry juice if I had bloody urine. THAT was when you should have made the appointment. Most UTIs don't cause bleeding.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm with Vashti - why would you not go to the doctor if you have bloody urine???

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    In my experience, which I'm not sure why but I'm prone to getting utis especially if I don't make sure i drink enough water. Cranberry pills work MUCH better to get rid of it then all that juice crap. Every two hours take a cranberry pill and it should be gone in no time. Drink LOTS of water because it'll help flush it out. Don't try to hold it in, if you feel like you have to pee do it even if it's every five minutes.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Never wait to long to go to a doctors if this even starts to happen. A couple of months ago I had a kidney failure because i waited to long. If it gets to the point you HAVE to run to the washroom every 15-30 mins and are experiencing chills and a fever you are in a big red flag zone, at this point I was having my kidneys starting to fail.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    About the UTI, I have it very often. I had staphyloccocus aureus infection 3 years ago and since then it comes each few weeks. Till now I couldn't find a doctor who could help me. Now I have changed again and I just gave a sample for tests. My doc said that there are some vaccines for it. But as I said, go to your doctor. First and foremost, check which bacteria it is exactly, from there you need to start some treatment.
    I wazzzz here

- Do not wipe back to front
    - When having anal sex, do not have him stick it in your vagina unless he has washed himself
    - Do not drink sugary cranberry juice like from concentrate or a cranberry juice cocktail when you have a uti. All the sugars in those drinks will make it worse.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yep, blood in pee = visit a doctor
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    - Do not wipe back to front
    - When having anal sex, do not have him stick it in your vagina unless he has washed himself
    - Do not drink sugary cranberry juice like from concentrate or a cranberry juice cocktail when you have a uti. All the sugars in those drinks will make it worse.
    Wtf? Already few doctors told me that during uti, you should drink ESPECIALLY cranberry juice. It helps fighting off the bacteties... You need to check your infos.
    I wazzzz here