+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do about this girl?

What should I do about this girl?

So basically, I'm really... I don't even know right now. I don't know if I'd say sad, I really have no idea. Basically, these guys in my class sent a message to a girl I like (the girl I like KNOWS I like her, and she's okay with that, but she has a boyfriend) saying I asked them to say to her on Facebook that I wanted to take her out or something like that, and that I didn't have the guts, so I asked them to ask her or something like that. I don't remember exactly. But it was bullshit. Anyway, she posted an FB-status saying "what's so hard about understanding I'm busy? XD" (basically, she meant boyfriend, and she obviously wrote that about me). I sent a message saying "just so you know, I never asked anyone to send anything", to which she replied "yeah, I understood that. just relax! ^^", to which I replied "Good. "

Oh! A while ago, when she found out I liked her, she didn't say that she liked me back, but she didn't say she didn't like me back. She had that boyfriend then as well. Even though she knew I liked her, we still talked a bit, a bit in school (she actually started talking to me when she talked to her friends sometimes to get me into the conversation) and a bit on Facebook (not really chatting, but more like on her status), so yeah, we still talked. But after these guys did this (although she knew it wasn't me who wanted them to send it), we haven't talked at all. Although this whole event only happened the day before yesterday, and we really haven't had any reason to talk...

I understand there's nothing I can do now, since she has a boyfriend, but...
    Last edited by RandomName; 08-12-11 at 02:45 AM.

Stop investing so much of your thought into something that isn't. You want attention from her, you focus your attention on another girl and see how she reacts. If nothing happens, she isn't into you. If she does, then down the road, MAYBE when she is single again, she might come around.

Everyone goes through crushes, and well, you get blinded and all logical thinking goes out the window...a simple smile from her, is made into something like she is hot for you....that's just your imagination running away with you, and your daydreams. Sometimes it's better to keep this stuff in check so if nothing works out, you don't get a heartache from it.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Stop investing so much of your thought into something that isn't. You want attention from her, you focus your attention on another girl and see how she reacts. If nothing happens, she isn't into you. If she does, then down the road, MAYBE when she is single again, she might come around.

Everyone goes through crushes, and well, you get blinded and all logical thinking goes out the window...a simple smile from her, is made into something like she is hot for you....that's just your imagination running away with you, and your daydreams. Sometimes it's better to keep this stuff in check so if nothing works out, you don't get a heartache from it.
    I SWEAR, I love her. Why do people always say love is only a crush when you're young? Oh, and I'm 16.

why? because when you get older you realize the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomName View Post
    I SWEAR, I love her. Why do people always say love is only a crush when you're young? Oh, and I'm 16.
    How well do you know this girl? To be in love with somebody you have to at least know them very well. Otherwise you're in love with your personal idea of them. Which 99.9% of the time is obviously not even close to the actual person.

So it's not much of an age thing, teenagers can be in love too, it's just that from what you've written here, it doesn't seem like you know this person well enough to be able to be in love with her.

The fact that she didn't say that she doesn't like you does not mean that she likes you but can't do anything because she is currently taken. It may just mean that she doesn't like you but doesn't want to hurt your feelings (she didn't have to make up excuses because she was already taken), or that you are indifferent to her and she just sees you as a friend/acquaintance. Basically, it could mean anything or nothing at all. Don't build up castles in your head. Shift your attention elsewhere (not necessarily on other girls).

It's true for sure. Spending time with someone in a relationship is way way different than just standing back and admiring them. You are just being obsessive over someone you really don't know, and not on an intimate level, that's a crush for real. that is why I always say, your chances are better with someone if you don't invest your feelings so soon, especially when you are not even in a relationship with them. When you obsess over them, it knocks the attraction out of kilter and it is just akward for the other person.....they get that creepy feeling from you and want to push away. So stop it is what everyone is telling you. Focus on your own self, and chill....some girl will come along and see that and will be comfortable enough to get to know you, and want to date you.