+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend doesn't love me

Boyfriend doesn't love me

I've been with my bf in a long distance relationship for a year and a half. We dont live that far apart, we met once every 2-3 weeks.
    The problem is that i love him so much and he doesnt. Its not that i don't hear 'i love you', you can also tell from his behaviour that he doesn't. We get along well, but he's sometimes cold to me. He says we've been fighting from time to time and maybe that was the reason he didnt get too attached to me, and also because of the distance.
    He loved a girl before, so its not that he cant love anyone.
    When I bring this up, he says he's sorry but he doesnt feel the same way and maybe if I have patience..
    We're both 26. I asked him about our future and he said he's not thinking about the future, he lives only in the present. But he plans on moving to my town next summer, so maybe then we will have a proper relationship..
    Today I told him I am wasting my time and he said he doesnt think he is wasting his.
    I love him so much and I tell myself ok, i'll wait, maybe he'll wake up one day and realise he loves me. But how long should I wait? What would you do? Thank you!

I have the same problem...with one difference...i see her twice per year

If you don't live that far apart why do you only see each other so infrequently?

We live 3 hours away by train. He doesn't suggest I visit him that often, there were times when I saw him after 5-6 weeks. He's not working at the time, so he's not busy..but most of the time I am the one who asks when will we see each other again..now I am pretty tired of inviting myself over.. I guess because he doesn't love me, he doesn't miss me that much.. He calls me 3-4 times a day, always tells me where he goes and with whom..I don't think he's cheating..

If you are the one who asks to see him then it's pretty clear that you feel more for him than he feels for you. I live 1.5 hours away from my GF. We are together every single weekend. Every single weekend. Because we both feel the same way for each other. You should find someone else. It's pretty clear.

excatly...and when im trying to communicate more,she sais that shes bored of me and that she needs some time to start to miss me :/

and why the hell are you even trying with this guy??? He is totally uninterested....save yourself the grief and embarrassment and break it off with him.

I guess I think that he's still with me.. He can have any girl he wants because he's really good looking and a lot of girls want to have him.. Why has he been calling me all day, every day, for more than a year if he's not interested in me? I don't get it..

unfortunately if you stay with him for the long hall.... what you see now, is most likely how it's going to be in the future. You'll always be the chaser, and he'll always be the chased. He will always have the upper hand. You have more feeling towards him than he does to you, you were too easy to get and he needs more of a "challenge". He is bored too quick, too fast. The harder to get, the more he will lust, the more thrilling the chase will be, the more he will fall in love.

this is not a good situation to be in. no one should be in a one way loving relationship. be with someone who wants to see you all the time and loves you back.

Long distance can be difficult to make it work. Sounds like you are putting a lot of effort to make this work and trying so hard to make him love you...
    Most likely, he might not going to love you back since it's been more than a year and he doesn't love you...
    Perhaps he may only see you as a really good company/friends and enjoys talking to you? That's why he calls you often?

I was in a relationship with one of my ex for 4years before and I honestly can say that, I may loved him, but probably it wasn't a true love....(there is different type of love) At the start of the relationship, it was fun and exciting... but then, after one year being with him, relationship got a bit rocky since we were both busy with study... but yea I guess we didn't really end the relationship sooner because he truly loved me so much and couldn't let me go... and I didn't end the relationship because he was nice to me and I enjoyed his company/talking to him and going out/having fun... toward the end of the relationship, I only seen him as a friend and not bf... I regret that I didn't end the relationship sooner..Wish I did.
    I feel sorry for him because he was always trying to make the relationship work and putting so much effort in the relationship... I could feel his love and affection so much, but I just felt nothing...
    So like the person above said... "No one should be in a one way loving relationship" and I AGREE! It's wasting of your time.
    Be with someone who lives closer or in the same area as you and have a relationship with someone who would love you back.