+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tips for Taking One of Your Best Friends on a Date o__o?

Tips for Taking One of Your Best Friends on a Date o__o?

First part is a backstory, you can skip it if you just want to get to my question >.<

Long story short, i befriended a girl named Jasmine almost four years ago when I had asked her out but we didn't end up dating and she became one of my closest friends i've ever had. Flash forward to today, i moved to a new city 2 1/2 hours away attending a university. I usually come back once a month to visit family and to see her and we go out and chill and whatnot. She always texts me that she wants to see me and I've been crushing on her for quite a while even after we just became friends. Two days ago she said she didn't end up going to a trip her friends (including her ex who broke up with her a year ago is going and keeps messing with her) planned on and asked that she wanted to hang out with me and asked what did i want to do. I then mustered up enough courage and said,"Let me take you on a date." I said i felt we have good chemistry, I've known her for a long time and I do like her. She says,"I would love to, I'm open to the idea, I love your company. I'm free Sunday night, we could go watch a movie or something!"

Question
    I've been out of the dating scene for a while (i'm 20 and she's 18 btw) so I'm not exactly sure what to do with her o__o Any tips on taking your best friend on a date?

Don't do a movie. Or if you do a movie, make sure you have something else planned afterward where you two can actually talk to each other. Do something you two don't normally do. Check out your local calendar of events and see if there's something cool going on. Or go to the zoo, a museum, a park, a mini-golf place with an arcade where you can win her a stupid stuffed animal or something.

The early dates (I say the first 2) are usually for getting to know each other, and that means talking. Go to a quiet place, maybe dinner, and talk. No loud bars, no loud concerts, no movies.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)