+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cant loose the love of my life..

I cant loose the love of my life..

Im loosing the love of my life, and I dont know what to do!!! We been dating for 3 and a half months ive been 100% committed the whole time. But he had only been separated from his ex a week before we got together so we took a short break because at one point he got to upset that he couldnt give me a 100% cause of Katie and only wanted to be with me when he could... that passed fast he litterally did everything he could to move on past her to be with me including talking to my bestfriend... but 2 weeks ago I have blurted out that I loved him, I wasnt ready to it just slipped out... we never talked about it till after we broke up.. He got scared when I said it cause he started thinking that he doesnt love me.. But he didnt want to break up cause there was nothing wrong but he got distant and weird... so now we are broken up and I dont know what to do, I could see myself marrying this man.. and I dont think he gets that Ive had a lot longer of a time to fall in love with him and he hasnt since he had to deal with his feelings for his ex... We've lived together since day one, I really dont know how to live with out him hes literally my other half I share everything with, and now hes gone... Please help

Like i said in the other post 4 months does not justify love of life status, you moved faster than he was ready for, hes gone, my advice buy some chocolate ice cream and cookies and get over him

Oh and find a new room mate this cant end well

You scared him away by saying the "L" word: Love. What the "L" words means to men: marriage, kids, and a loss of independence, loss of sex, and financial security (mainly due to kids). Even in these modern times, most men are expected to pay most or all of the expenses of a family. No wonder they don't want to get married! They're saddled with all the responsibility.

He's not ready to settle down or use the "L" word. So I think you lost him. But talk to him about it. And MAKE SURE you tell him you don't want to get married, but that you do love him. See how he reacts. Men just cannot separate between love and marriage, because most young women when they say "love", they mean "marriage". That's just how the numbers fall.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

He knows we both dont want to get married or have kids right now.. Im in school and hes going back to school we both want to better ourselves before any of that it was discussed first month we were together... and I never meant to say I loved him it slipped out I was in no way ready to say it hence why it out came out half... and I didnt have a roommate to start so I wont be looking for one but thanks for being mean

Im not being mean im being realistic, if he really was the love of your life the l word wouldnt have scared him away

your not getting the point that he didnt want to break up... I did it cause I freaked out, now he thinks its for the best cause he doesnt get why he doesnt love me yet... but im not sure how you can fall in love while your still trying to get over your ex, and now that shes out of the picture and our relationship has no problems why run away cause something slipped out of what he told everyone was his perfect girl and that this is the hardest hes had to do... and not just told me but others... hes conflicted

Your infatuated your not in love, when you really fall in love youll know the differance

You're a rebound. 1 week after his ex, and he couldn't give himself to you because he wasn't over her. Textbook case.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

SEPARATED........remeber that next time, never works. get divorced then get involved.

Can I just add here, it's lose and losing, not loose. Remember it this way; I am a loser if I can't spell lose.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookahmike View Post
    Your infatuated your not in love, when you really fall in love youll know the differance
    How would you know she's not really in love?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So many absolutely desperate women out there. She thinks she's in love, but that's not the same as loving someone. She hardly knows this man. She should ask the wife if she wants to REALLY get to know him. But she won't b/c she's just a little girl. And why are they already living together? He's not even divorced. Homewrecker, anyone?

If I were thinking of dating a divorced guy (bleh) I would definitely get to know the ex wife. If she seemed reasonable, I would run like hell from the guy.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix23 View Post
    How would you know she's not really in love?
    Love at first sight doesnt exist, love is something built not found

Quote Originally Posted by Hookahmike View Post
    Love at first sight doesnt exist, love is something built not found
    Love CAN be built in 3 months.

And there are many who have gotten married who say they knew very early on this person was the one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast