+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Curious Question

Curious Question

What was the process you went through in getting over a long-term relationship - or is it simply the case of how you never really get over them? Is is because their presence will forever linger in your conscious? If this is so, then I guess this makes sense, considering once you come across an object it's virtually impossible to deny its existence, because the subtlest of subliminal messages will always bring the object back into your memory.

For me it's been a process of: Motivation to do well in life - better myself as an individual, but this burst of euphoria swiftly faded over the first month. However, I'm still sticking to the alterations I've made in my life; Acceptance that she's most likely with somebody else, or doing something which I would find undesirable to myself; In denial that this whole ordeal is taking quite a toll on me, and beginning to gradually spiral me into depression (no friends). I feel desperate and want to contact her but I know this will lead nowhere, because if she were to equally try and contact me I would flat out cold reject her, too.

Apart from the melodramatics which entwines from this, my life is pretty stable and I shouldn't really be complaining at all, since I'm privileged to be in such comfort that I'm currently in. Yet I'm finding it hard to preoccupy myself; for the most part, I just want to go out and have a good time with others. But I'm unable to fulfill this because no opportunity has arisen, and well, I'm finding it hard to find these opportunities. Alas, it's quite pathetic and trivial to be so concerned about my social status.

Wanting to just get it over with....always wanted to move on quickly. I'm strong willed so that may have something to do with it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Geting over your ex takes 2 things:

1) time. There's no getting around this.
    2) regular involvement in activities other than thinking about your failed relationship. Get a new hobby, or set some new goals, maybe academic? Not only will it help to be busy, it will give you a chance to improve your self esteem and enable you to meet new people.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?