+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling unsure of myself advice really needed

Feeling unsure of myself advice really needed

Happy New Years Everyone with a new year here I'ts a time for a new start for all.I had wrote a previous post about how to manage feelings for a ex basically I still have feelings for my ex whom I've dated 3 years ago and despite the great relationships I've had after our time I still really miss him.He did hurt me but I have forgaven him and despite the time distance I'm willing to make admends if he feels the same.Right now im ready to take action of my life by either praying for the removal of these feelings along with postive living and move forward or contact this man.I feel foolish though because the last time I contacted him was over a year ago and he never replied I do no that he is single.In no ways am I in denial that he probally has moved on and I no that attempting to contact him agian may result in the same action. I no I sound like a idoit Im usually a very smart lady but I still love this man and I just feel so unsure how to adress my feelings .In no ways am I a desperate and I cant complain of much in my life but Im am just unsure of how to manage these feelings * should I attempt to contact him agian despite my last attempt being failed or let go any advice is truelly appreciated**

I'll pray for things to go in whatever way is best for you.

Contact him and don't worry about what happens. If he is interested, great, give it a try.
    If he's not, if he doesn't even respond, well then you know it wouldn't work don't you? So move on and do away with those feelings that keep you mentally and emotionally tied down to him.

Quote Originally Posted by prettiwings View Post
    Happy New Years Everyone with a new year here I'ts a time for a new start for all.I had wrote a previous post about how to manage feelings for a ex basically I still have feelings for my ex whom I've dated 3 years ago and despite the great relationships I've had after our time I still really miss him.He did hurt me but I have forgaven him and despite the time distance I'm willing to make admends if he feels the same.Right now im ready to take action of my life by either praying for the removal of these feelings along with postive living and move forward or contact this man.I feel foolish though because the last time I contacted him was over a year ago and he never replied I do no that he is single.In no ways am I in denial that he probally has moved on and I no that attempting to contact him agian may result in the same action. I no I sound like a idoit Im usually a very smart lady but I still love this man and I just feel so unsure how to adress my feelings .In no ways am I a desperate and I cant complain of much in my life but Im am just unsure of how to manage these feelings * should I attempt to contact him agian despite my last attempt being failed or let go any advice is truelly appreciated**
    How about stop clinging onto false hope and get over it....stop thinking about once was and move forward....he didn't respond because he doesn't want anything to do with you. STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM! maybe look into some therapy...maybe this is a symptom of something else like depression or low self esteem.

Time to get over him. I think your feelings are way to attached for him, it has been 3 years, it's time to move on. Date other people, get to know them and fall in love with someone else. You seem to be stuck in the past, clinging hopelessly onto something that will never happen again. Let this chapter of your life close, and open a new chapter.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I think you are holding onto a fantasy of a man who doesn't exist. You say that he is distant...where you two having a long distance relationship at the time? Long distance or online relationships can definately alter your perception of the other person. You don't see them every day so you are unaware of who they really truly are. And then after 3 years, perhaps your memory of him has warped and is making you believe that he is a better man than he really was at the time. Probably because of all the failed relationships and lonliness you've had in the past 3 years....you are making quick conclusions that your soul mate is your ex from 3 years ago. You have nothing to lose.....go ahead and contact him, if he doesn't contact you back....no biggie, whatever move on. If he does contact you back, you can take it from there..... You'll probably soon quickly realize if you start dating him again that he wasn't the man you painted in your mind for 3 years.

Thank you guys all for the input! I do agree that I should put this beside me I do feel I may of possibly been hholding on to feelings of my ex as more of a thought then reality in away to run from my fears and responsibilities in my current life.I no that with our without a relationship I must find happiness in myself and in that way I will find someone great that Im compatible with Im glad I read this before making a compulsive decision that would of just back fired on me in the long run
    **Thanks alot for the advice this forum is very helpful and supportive god bless**