+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My friend said guys need to be decisive?

My friend said guys need to be decisive?

a guy asked me out to dinner but he asked me what I am craving, buy my guy friend said that he need to be decisive and suggest a place to eat. He said that the guy should make the decision like im feeling japanese or korean today. What do you feel like?

He said a guy needs to take charge and be decisive.

the guy always ask me where I want to shop at because he thought that girls are picky and stuff and in my opinion I think that he is being respectful to the girl and being nice.

I guess.....I think he was just being polite. There so many more things involved with relationship, find this silly to even consider. How do you feel about it all?

well just like u said, he's being polite. I don't see anything wrong with it, but just also considering about what my friend said and just wondering if guys need to be decisive when asking a girl out, but I got nothing wrong with it though

Your friend is stuck in the 50's; ridiculous gender expectations are just that, ridiculous.

I don't like the still-prevalent concept of girls acceding their decisions, desires due to biological differences; boys and girls are both human, neither is superior to the other.

sadie_genie Guest
    I like a guy who is considerate enough to let the girl decide. <3

I like guys who are decisive but also polite. Perhaps they should be like "oh, i know of this great sushi place on Broadway Street, would you like to check it out?" At least it would be a question instead of "Lets go to this sushi place on Broadway"....that would kinda be not thinking about the other person because for all he knows you might be a vegan. If he was always indecisive about dates like always asking you "what do you want to do?", "where do you want to go?" that would drive me nuts if I always had to come up with a plan.

Total. Bull. Shit.

The guy that asked you out was polite to ask you what you wanted. If he'd made a suggestion and you liked it, that's one thing, but for him to just arbitrarily decide where you should go? No.

Your friend is a controlling idiot with some archaically sexist notions.

@heartisaching: lol that's why I call him an ahole lol. He's arrogant and an a$$. He said he was really good with girls, so I said, if you'r really good with girls then where dem girls at yo? haha that's cuz he be driving the girls away cuz he's being an ahole to girls

The guy has been asking me what I want to do and that's alright, like what bcgirl said, if he keeps doing that then yea it is annoying.

My ex told me that I don't plan things for him that;s why he doesn't come and see me. Now that's an ahole right off the back

Your guy friend sounds like a control freak from the 1950s. Your date sounds like he was just being polite by asking you. If I ask a girl what she wants to eat, and she doesn't know, THEN I am decisive and I tell her where we are going.

This isn't the 1950s, dating isn't about the man being in control of everything. Some men are really bad at managing money and need a good woman to take over. I think relationships are slowly becoming more like partnerships, or teams, where people are more equal.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

When I take out my GF I want to know what she wants to do because I'm not some selfish bastard stuck in the past. Guy 'taking control' = idiot.

He was being polite not indecisive. Like others have said, if he 'told' you where you were going that would be off since he wouldn't be taking your opinion into consideration, he might end up choosing somewhere you don't like/don't feel like going. On the other hand I would hate it if a guy didn't ever want to make a decision and constantly asked me all the time. My preference is that the guy suggests somewhere and gives me the choice of whether or not that's where I want to go.