+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: end of a 12 year friendship

ok sorry for my defensiveness.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who cares about why she reacted the way she did? She sounds nuts. Three times and physically removed from your house? I think you are past due some new friends, Minx.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I agree Indi.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Two can play at that game.
    When there's a story like this one, I just know that the second version is not as black and white as this one. But oh well, look for new friends...
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Two can play at that game.
    When there's a story like this one, I just know that the second version is not as black and white as this one. But oh well, look for new friends...
    I am a big believer in the saying 'there are 3 sides to every story. Your side, my side and the truth'
    I haven't lied in my telling of the story, I don't know if she would lie in her telling of the story, and an impartial observer would probably tell the story differently to either of us.
    Have I been a perfect friend? God no. I doubt there is any such thing.

Geez MM, I just saw this... so sorry to hear.

I think you did it pretty much right.

Thanks and thanks again HIA.

You know the weird bit, there has been such a sudden drop in external tension in my life that I don't even miss her. I've even developed the confidence to tell my mum and my brothers when they are bringing unnecessary tension into my life. It feels awesome!

In the end this wasn't a good friendship, it's a good thing it ended. Sometimes we associate with "poisonous" people, which we tolerate for the sake of friendship, it takes an incident to see them for what they really are.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Mish, I completely agree.

Weird bit, I didn't really like her when I first met her and she ended up becoming a close friend purely through circumstance.

And may I say I love your sig. Very timely for me to read that. It's going on my white board. :-)

So it seems there is further fall out...

About 18 months ago I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in years. He was a postie at the time and had delivered some parcels from ebay to me. We picked up the friendship where we left off and it wasn't long before he was coming around. The now ex friend had also been friends with him years back.

It would seem he is prone to taking sides. Doesn't really surprise me as he has been single for a while and started asking more and more about the ex friend when she became single last year.

I guess the bit that stings is 1) he is the only one of our friends to take sides (well as far as I can tell. I haven't gone out of my way to tell any of our mutual friends about the argument, though I have had a couple of friends mention it, to which I have just responded with "Yeah, shit defies gravity and hits the fan sometimes" and then move the convo on) and 2) ... to be honest I can't quite remember what 2 was (I got distracted just after typing 2 and my train of thought had completely derailed before I came back to the computer).

Maybe I should scratch up some positives out of this. He is a pot head and I don't need that type of influence around at the moment....

Doesn't mean I won't miss him.

If any friends are only willing to hear 1 side of the story & side with only 1 mutual friend, then those other friends aren't true friends either.

I'm sorry to hear this bothered you, Minx. But I think having less drama in your life is better for you. I don't tolerate poisonous people and I'm much happier for it.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Thanks lovable and bulrush.
    On the true friend front, you're probably right. I put it down to the fact that he wants to get his dick wet and that's got no chance of happening here and I don't think she would allow him that right if he were friends with me. That makes me more sad for my hubby because they'd become fishing buddies.

And on the drama front, bulrush, you are definitely right! I am striving to be drama free and I'm even calling my mum on her drama. I never could do that before.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Mish, I completely agree.

Weird bit, I didn't really like her when I first met her and she ended up becoming a close friend purely through circumstance.

And may I say I love your sig. Very timely for me to read that. It's going on my white board. :-)
    The lyrics come from a Russian band called Mavrik, their songs are always full of depth and meaning

Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12