+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No second date yet, but we still talk?

No second date yet, but we still talk?

So I've started talking to this new guy. We went on a date two sundays ago and it went well i thought. We had wine and cheese at a local place and talked for a good two hours before leaving. He walked me to my car and initiated the hug. He told me to text him when i got home. I told him I had a good time and he said he did to but did not attempt a first kiss. Although he might have because he's face turned towards mine then back to forward..so idk. I like him enough to go on a second date but am not sure if there is any chemistry there yet or not..so to me that's why a second date needs to happen.

Here's where it gets weird. He doesn't doesn't text or call me. But if I text him he'll respond and ask follow up questions. I finally suggested going to a comedy club in the future and he said he'd love to go and I said ok well lets find a time to make that happen and said for sure! But nothing was set in stone. Here are a few things a)he literally just moved across the country the Saturday afternoon before our date b)he also just started a brand new job that following monday. So I know he's busy and getting adjusted still, so I feel that's legit. But if he's actually interested don't you think he'd secure a second date? I also got a text from him today telling me he was back on the East Coast for work. So idk what to do. Is he playing games here or what? thanks!

If he is that interested in you then he would contact you first even though he may be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by confused&single View Post
    he literally just moved across the country the Saturday afternoon before our date b)he also just started a brand new job that following monday.
    Wait, let me get this straight, he moved across the country on Sat afternoon then came back for the date on sunday, then rush back on monday for work? What is he, superman? Pretty crazy. If he did that, it shows the date was pretty important to him. But being that you guys are now so far apart, I think he has to evaluate whether he should pursue this relationship or not. That's why there hasn't been a second date perhaps.

your not gonna get a 2nd date...your just being let down easy.

if you have no date after a week...you will never have a 2nd date. i keep telling this to a friend hes been waiting 2 months now cuz they she had a date with a guy but he never asked her out again but they still talk....sum ppl want attention. next

why not send him a text saying "well here are my available times for the week for a second date" and to let you know which days work out for him. That way it will be his responsibility to contact you for the date for the second date. If he doesn't contact you back....you know that he isn't interested. You got nothin to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    why not send him a text saying "well here are my available times for the week for a second date" and to let you know which days work out for him. That way it will be his responsibility to contact you for the date for the second date. If he doesn't contact you back....you know that he isn't interested. You got nothin to lose.
    I concur! Yep. I agree.
    boop boop bee boop
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Bonfire: haha yeah the way I explained that it seems like the way you described. But in actuality he moved from DC on Saturday, we had a date on Sunday evening, he started work and a week later (the next Monday) he had to fly back to DC for work. Maybe that makes a little more sense? haha

bcgirl: I think I'll do as you suggested. In all honesty I think its what the majority of other posters think, that second date probably isn't happening. So I'm okay with that also.