+ Follow This Topic

Thread: okay this is a dog act!! >:(

okay this is a dog act!! >:(

well i havent been on the net for awhile so yeah im posting this now coz i have tha time now...

well last year durng the end of december and beginning of november i found out that my best friend(male) has got a crush on the girl i've loved since i was in year 10! like okay that's normal right! i mean she's pretty, funny, intelligent a great friend n all so yeah all the guys would crush on her. her names stacey btw...

well me and stacey have confessed our love for eachother already and we were mad about eachother during the last few years of our highschool years. and EVERYONE knew! so my best friend, his name is david, i always talk to him about her and stuff and things that are goin on between me n her coz hes a guy and i ask him what he would do if he was in my shoes as guys normally do yeah? well in our last year of high school i broke up with my ex because i still had these very strong feelings for stacey. and stacey had feelings for me too and so yeah.

well because of the amount of stress that put on us i decided to wait till after our exams were before i asked stacey out again (we dated in year 10 for 3 months n broke up coz of her mum..long story)! and this time it was gonna be good.

okay so now to the point of the story....my best mate david who i consult with decided it would be okay to go and take stacey out to a "date" type thingy and flirt with her and all that behind my back! assuming i would be okay with that!...i mean come on!! WHO THA HELL DOES THAT?! WHEN GUY MATES NOTICE ONE OF THEIR FRIENDS CRUSHING ON A GIRL THEY BECOME A WING MAN RIGHT?! NOT A FRIKKEN THIEF IN THE NIGHT COMING TO STEAL THE GIRL OF YOUR DREAMS AWAY!

well that all happened last year december. im over it now but from time to time i still feel like i shoulda punched his face in and left both of them but no! i'm not a dog like them and so im still friends with them both...only thing different now is that they're dating and i dont talk to stacey how i used to even though me n her were the bestest of best friends possible and i try to keep my distance from david. im not introducing him to any of my future girlfriends thats for sure!

i realise now that if she really truly completely and wholly wanted to be with me then she would of told david no! so yeah i feel like ive been played....

any advice on what i should and shouldn't do about this? anything would be good thanks

Dude what happened is just part of life. She was single so she can decide who she wanted to date, and she is fair game to anyone. You put something ahead of her so she wasn't that important to you...get it?

Just because you have strong feelings for someone doesn't mean they owe you to be with you.

Your friend is a douche bag. Yeah.. She's fair game and all but doing this is a complete lack of respect for your friendship IMO

There's Plenty of other girls in this world to come EVEN CLOSE to ****ing with your friends feelings.

If this happened over a year ago....come on, just let it go.

Yes, your friend David did the wrong thing by stealing Stacey. In my group of friends, if things between man A and girl B were unsure, we would ask man A if it was ok if I could date their girl. OTOH, you and Stacey were not committed or exclusive, so she was free to date other people. It hurts, but you were not exclusive with her.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

in my opinion what he did was wrong too- he should have at least had the balls to talk to you about it instead of shadily going behind your back. did they apologize or did you all talk about this back when it happened? did you express your feelings to them? i feel like if not, that's why it's still bothering you now, b/c you never got the chance to get it off your chest