+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being dishonest?

Am I being dishonest?

I've been with my guy for 10 months, and I really do love him and have done for some time. I'm pretty sure he knows I do, but I haven't verbally expressed it. I'm pretty sure he's not quite there yet, which doesn't worry me. I'm mostly concerned he'll feel pressured by me if I say it.
    We had such a great day today, and it nearly slipped out several times, but I stopped myself.

Am I being dishonest by not telling him that I love him?

Not dishonest, since you aren't lying to him. But: do you feel the need to tell him you're in love with him? If so... maybe you should do it. He shouldn't feel pressured, just tell him that you don't expect him to say anything and you just needed to let him know, because it's important to you that he knows.

Wow 10 months and no "L" word yet? I'd be more worried about that.

Tell him if you love him, it's not too soon after 10 months so you shouldn't have to stop yourself from saying it if it feels right for you.

After 10 months you should tell him your feelings. If you can't share feelings, what's the point of loving him? And he needs to get used to the "L" word anyway. I say that because i was terrified of the "L" word, but I got over it. He can be a man and get over it too. A real man can love without hesitation.

How old are you anyway?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Why does age matter? I am 31 and he is 37. He's just gone through a divorce and is a bit jaded I think, which is what makes me hesitant.

Well that changes everything....might want to ask him "where is this going?"