+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It was bound to happen but..

It was bound to happen but..

I broke up with my boyfriend of 2years this morning, and it feels shit.
    I know i did the right thing, because he treated me like shit, but its so hard. Is there a fast way to getting over people? Everytime i think of him i start crying, and i want it to stop hurting.
    Holding on to anger and hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/threads/28537-Tips-and-advice-on-how-to-forget-someone[/url]

Try that thread. Whatever you do, do go back to him since he treated you poorly. You will get over it soon enough.

Like grieving the loss of a loved one, you are grieving the loss of a relationship. You will feel the endless waves of pain for about a week, then it will start to taper off. Then you will feel anger maybe, sadness, then finally after about a month release, like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. It's best to talk it out with a close friend or family member. Do things for yourself, like buy a new pair of cute shoes, or spend a day at a spa with a friend getting your nails done, or whatever you enjoy doing. Keeping busy is key so you don't sit there thinging about it....you need distractions. For now it's ok to cry your heart out, soon, though it's hard to believe, you will start to feel better.

No worries you will be fine, it just takes a little time : )

aren't you with someone else at the moment??

I know it's hard. Last year I broke up with someone who was perfect, but she was 6 hrs away. It just wasn't working. It's easy to break up with someone you hate. It's hard to break up with your best friend.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/threads/62540-I-can-t-walk-away.[/url]

so you are the classic case of someone who broke up 2 years ago in a bad relationship and jumps right into another bad relationship without going up for a gulp of air....and now 2 years later you are stuck in a sh*tty relationship and miss your old relationship. You will never be happy if you don't work on yourself first. I would suggest you get therapy. I hate to say it, but no one's done this to you but yourself, it's no coincidence that you keep having bad relationships. Just back to basics, if you are in a serious relationship with someone for 2 years.....you do not miss your ex boyfriend and cry about him!!!!! What the f*ck is wrong with you?!!

bcgirl, i think your confused. Its the same boy im talking about in that thread. I havn't jumped out of a bad relationship into another one. Try and get the facts right first before telling me i need therapy.
    Holding on to anger and hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

^well now i'm really confused.... that other thread was posted not even a month ago about you complaining that your boyfriend is cheating on you via computer. But this thread you state that you've broken up with him 2 years ago....... If you've officially broken up with him 2 years ago yet still hang out with him at his place and go on his computer....it's not really breaking up with him....

I think the OP meant that she broke up with her (now ex-) bf, whom she has been together with for 2 years. Not that she broke up with him 2 years ago.

ahh okay! lol..... well good thing you finally broke up with that douche bag. Now the key to stay on road and not go back to him is NO CONTACT